Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByD ABSL Trigger after modify with front end script

former_member689468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I noticed that on one of my screens the event after modify is triggered only after the user presses enter. This really sucks.

Is there a way to trigger the event after modify with a click ? Somehow using front end scripting ? Or any other way ?

Because my screen has many tabs and the user can modify a couple of fields before the after modify gets triggered this can become very messy and result with incorect data where a couple of fields would be used for calculation and the user thinks he has entered something but it is in fact not registered yet in the fields.

Thanks,

Josip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183363
Active Contributor

Josip,

What you can do is, in the Data Model tab, set the data field that corresponds to the field on the UI to have Requires Roundtrip = true. That will trigger the AfterModify when the user exits that field, even if they don't press Enter.

Lewis

former_member689468
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you man this is exacly what I was talking about.

former_member183363
Active Contributor

Nema na čemu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anant_acharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Josip,

I don't think we have any other way to trigger the after modify event, basically what happens in background is a script on a node will only be called if fields of that node are changed or the association from that node is changed.

Currently the Enter notifies these changes and this event determines the data of a node when the data has been changed.

Regards

Anant

former_member689468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Anant, thank you for your answer.

Is there any way to confirm this behaviour with absolute certainty ? I would expect the after modify to trigger as soon as a field is eddited and user presses on another field. This might have big impact on the way we program our screens and we need to communicate to our customers so they understand the limitations of ByD screens.

Thank you