cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object for Searching and Getting Results in SolDoc using Embedded Search

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue where a new user with less access can’t get any results using embedded search in SolDoc. Whereas, using my ID which has admin authorizations, I can easily search and retrieve elements with matched patterns in SolDoc. Auth trace is also not giving any proper results.
Any idea which authorization object and values is actually used to get the result list when conducting embedded search?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ucabazz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi arindrajit.chakraborty,

Have you cheked this note:

2549297 - SAP Solution Manager 7.2: Search does not work for some users in Test Suite or Solution Documentation

Regards,

Abay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Arindrajit Chakraborty,

Please refer the below blogs if you have not already done so. You will be able to see the authorizations objects related to Solution Documentation.

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/26/key-authorizations-for-process-managementsolution-documentation-in-...

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/29/examples-of-restricting-authorizations-to-elements-of-the-solution-...

If these are not helpful, as Tammy mentioned, try to setup the system wide trace using STAUTHTRACE transaction and then try to execute the steps, you will be able to see the missing authorizations if there are any.

In case of any issues, please try to attach screenshots to check more on this.

Thanks,

Danish

0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

As I mentioned above, STAUTHTRACE doesn’t give any result on this.

For the blogs, I have already had those referred.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I recommend running an STAUTHTRACE on your account while accessing SolDoc and that will determine if it is really an authorization related issue.

0 Kudos

STAUTHTRACE doesn’t reveal anything as mentioned in my question already

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Then it is not authorizations; have you searched the SAP notes for embedded search? That is a recommended next step. Good luck!