cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change batch in EWM if this is inherited from the ERP?

0 Kudos

Hello team,

I do have a big question for you. I have been working on this issue for weeks and I was not able to find out a solution.

Scenario: Batch split with a different batch (in EWM) when Batch is inherited from the ERP.

STEP 1: We create an Outbound Delivery in the ERP with material + batch (batch determination runs at SD level and it is working fine).

STEP 2: This Outbound Delivery is copied into EWM with the material quantity and batch.

STEP 3: I create the WO/WT to pick the material. This pick is from the FIXED BIN AREA.

STEP 4: When I pick the material, for any reason the material is not available or damaged or missing, therefore it's a short pick (I used an exception code BIDP)

I need to substitute / change the batch in order to fulfill the complete quantity.

Troubleshooting:

I tried the exception code CHBA and it's not working, it might only works in bulk scenarios.

I tried to create a subitem, but it copies the same batch and I cannot change it.

I tried to create a new line, but the item type doesn't show anything, perhaps because it's not a Direct Outbound.

Question:

Is it possible to change or split the line item to add a new batch in EWM, if this is inherited from the ERP?

Thank you very much in advance!

View Entire Topic
former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

I also have a question for you.

Scenario: Short stock in delivery order but I have not authorized the Batch split( how sap auto change in batch stock when I change in DO)

STEP 1: We create an Outbound Delivery in the ERP with material + batch (batch determination runs at SD level and it is working fine).

STEP 2: This Outbound Delivery is copied into Sale order with the material quantity and batch.

STEP 3: I pick the material. This pick is from the sale order

STEP 4: When I pick the material, for any reason the material is not available or damaged or missing, therefore I load short stock, I have not an authorization to change in batch and then is it possible system make auto change in batch.