cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM as add-on to ECC. Can MDM be implemented on the same server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question with regards to MDM implementation on a SRM one client scenario ( SRM@ERP/ SRM as add-on to ECC).

Can MDM be installed on the same server as ECC or should it be installed on a different server?

I could not find specific information on this topic. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are talking about SRM-MDM Catalog. SRM-MDM Catalog is not ABAP based application. MDM Server and client tools are C++ based application and Search UI is WebDynpro Java. It is technically possible to install same server but usually customer install it in separate server for productive use.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was referring to SRM-MDM Catalog.

Thanks much for your prompt response.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could someone please give more details about SRM as add-on to ECC? What does it mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the u201COne Clientu201D scenario, SAP SRM is installed on the same server as SAP ECC, thus reducing the overall complexity of the SAP technical landscape and contributing to a lower total cost of ownership.

The SAP SRM u201C One Clientu201D implementation scenario targets companies with only one back-end SAP system (ECC), who want a simple-to-implement/low TCO solution to support their operational procurement processes.

Deployment and Migration Limitations:

Does not support multiple SAP ECC back-end systems.

Does not apply in an environment with a non-SAP back-end system (by definition).

Does not support PPS (Procurement for Public Sector) functionality.

Does not support the Extended Classic scenario.

No standard SAP upgrade path exist to upgrade/migrate from an existing Standalone SAP SRM system to ECC 6.0 with SRM in the u201COne Clientu201D scenario.

Other Considerations:

Use of the SAP Netweaver Portal is mandatory with SRM 7.0.

Master data and business partner replication is handled differently in the u201COne Clientu201D scenario (compared to a standard SRM implementation).

Data distribution is executed via the new Master Data Synchronization and is performed synchronously and bi-directionally (vs. uni-directionally in a standard SRM implementation).

Hope this helps

UB

Answers (0)