cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions on V10 new features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Approval Delegation:

1. There is no standard functionality to set an expiry date for delegation.  Does anyone know how we can achieve this via scripting? I can't find any API related to delegating approval to someone else.

2. The Business Document Class available in this table is determined by Security Profile. Is there a way to only display only one class even user has access to all classes as in our case, only one class has approval workflow?

3. The system allows self approval. e.g.1. A is delegating to B, we need to check all projects pending for A’s approval don’t have B as owner. Suppose we have many levels of delegation, A->B, B->C, C->D, at the point C delegating to D, we need to check all projects pending approval from A, B and C don’t have D as owner. That does not seem very feasible?

1. 2. Suppose A delegates to B, after this, a project with owner as B requiring A’s approval is created and then the approval would go to B who is also the owner. This is very difficult to handle via script as delegation happens before project creation.

Auction – bid by % instead of amount

• Currently, can we set some fields so that the Bid Unit Price is in % not in a certain currency? We have some scenarios where suppliers need to bid in percentage rather than price. For example, Vouchers have certain face value. We will ask suppliers to bid in percentage of the face value to see who can offer the most discounts on the vouchers.
  • Can you advise us how this can be done?

Dynamic appearance of fields:

• Within v10, it is possible that based on the answers provided to a previous question, further specific questions would be displayed on the page. Similar behaviour as Perpetual Term and Expiration Date in Contract module: once Perpetual Term is checked, Expiration Date disappears and vice versa.  Can we build similar behaviour on our extension fields?

Text box:

Currently, if we want to customise a text box for users to key in their comments, we only have the choice of (1) a small box of 256 characters or (2) a big text box as shown below:

Option 1 is available as part of an extension collection where as option 2 is not available as part of extension collection.

We would like to find out whether there is something in between in v10 Such as, something like what we have in RFx as Free Text answer box for suppliers to respond to which is 2000 characters?

Especially do we have option to build a free text box that accepts more than 256 characters as one column in extension collection table?

Really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on any of the questions

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can share some thoughts please?

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

You can write an explicitly called script in which you can do what you require in 1 and 2.

write a script such that user cannot select any class other than mentioned class and also you can set an expiration for that as well

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know what relevant API class are available? e.g.  I can create a Date filed to specify the Expiry Date,once I have the Date and when that Date comes, how can i specify in the script that Approval delegation stops? I can't find any relevant API classes

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In User Account(104) Class API's you can get the information regarding delegation and you can alter the delegations as well.

You can use methods collection metadata as well to get the data from standard collections

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the screenshot, I came across those two methods, As you see, it can only give me the delegateToUser, there is no method for setDelegateToUser() so that i can set it to current user himself. Right?

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel, check the class 10001106 which is delegation and you can use this for custom scripting.

You can set the delegate to user according to your logic

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's helpful! thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mentioned 1 and 2 can be achieved by explicitly called script, by 2 do you refer to

2. The Business Document Class available in this table is determined by Security Profile. Is there a way to only display only one class even user has access to all classes as in our case, only one class has approval workflow?

Can you explain more in detail please?

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel,

You can control option 2 in user account validate event script, whenever user checks other document class you can guide ther user with proper error message that it cannot be selected likewise

Regards,
Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we hide the entries in the delegation tables? e.g. we only want to display Contract Document for delegation. not other document classes? However, it's determined by Security Profile, as long as users have access to that class, it will be displayed..

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Please find bellow some answers:

1. No standard function. As Raj explained you could add a custom date field to the User Account BO, and have an explicitly called script execute daily to check and disable delegations

2. Yes, it is possible to hide individual delegation rules. To achieve this, you will need to write a script on class Delegation(10001106) - Document Lifecycle - LOADED, and trigger an ApplicationException if DELEGATE_CLASS_ID is other than ContractDocument.

* with this in place, only CD will be displayed and no actual error message will be visible to the user (only in the logs)

3. Depending on size of organization, the use case can be either frequent or very rare. We haven't considered it for example, and checking for such a use-case will be cumbersome.

4. Auction % - I don't know

5. Dynamic fields. Not possible as for 10.05; it might be available from 10.06 but I'm not sure, I don't have access to a 10.06 instance yet.

6. No enhancements added to Ext Def; your detailed examples are the only possible configs.

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

For the question on Auction %, you can create a formula where the bid field for the supplier is a % field and not a currency field.

In the example that you have provided, the Voucher would be a price component of the formula that the supplier does NOT bid on.  The bid field that the supplier would bid on would be the % discount that the supplier would be willing to offer.

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan, that's really helpful! thank you.Regarding below point, is it a pure guesstimate or something you read somewhere that Ajax-like customization will be available for us in future releases? If so, can you point me to the reference? Thanks.

5. Dynamic fields. Not possible as for 10.05; it might be available from 10.06 but I'm not sure, I don't have access to a 10.06 instance yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosemary,

Sounds like a resolution, but can you elaborate how I can create a formula? Can you please provide a screenshot where i can create a formula? Not really clear what you mean.  Thanks.

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I had a discussion with SAP OSS some time back and they confirmed:

Our developers are working on a fix which includes a new Page

Customization type "Refresh On Change". Available from V9SP21 and V10SP6.

If this is developed it will allow for some neat improvements:

• FieldDataEdit scripts to execute when you actually change a field as opposed to current situation where FDE executes when page is refreshed (via tab change or save button)
  • Enhance applicability for GET_TOKEN in queries (for example if you have a VLV followed by some object picker, currently you need to do a page refresh to be able to use the VLV in the GET_TOKEN and restrict results based on VLV)

For your request it is a bit of a guess because I am not sure IF Page Customisations are also refreshed when page is refreshed. If they are refreshed you could have the following situation:

- VLV with options A, B, C,

- PageCust on VLV with 'PageRefresh'

- PageCust on other fields -visible- with dimension VLV and dimension value A

I'm really interested to see these in place

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

really helpful thanks very much

Answers (0)