cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS alert in MII 14.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just finding a way for SMS alert in MII 14.0.

I know email alert functionality in MII.

Is SMS alert is possible in MII 14.0?

If yes,please guide me how i can proceed?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Best to my knowledge, standard SMS functionality is not there in 14.0 version of SAP MII. However, sending alerts through SMS can be achieved using webservices of any particular mobile operator which are usually paid webservices.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

There is no out of the box sms support in MII. However you can achieve the same in several ways.

In Alerts in MII there is a possibility to add a Delivery Transaction. You can configure any MII trx in this place in alert definition. Every time an alert is raised this transaction will be called. To get the details of the alert in your trx create an input variable of type XML and assign the alert payload to this input.

In the trx you can write whatever logic you want. In your case logic to send SMS.

To send SMS using MII you can call several free/paid services which provide such feature via service call. See Twilio SMS - Build SMS Text Messaging Into Your Web Apps | Twilio

Also some carries send sms for an email sent to their email ID. See SMS through E-Mail: Cingular, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Virgin Mobile | a Tech-Recipes Tuto...

There are several other ways like building a custom action using JAVA APIs. See Simplewire Java SMS Software Development Kit - Free Download - Tucows Downloads

Best regards

Partha