cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Table based Value Assignments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

This question is regarding customization step -Set up Table based Value Assignments

As we all are aware, there are 2 steps in this config...

I am talking about 1st step - Create Entries

The earlier status of VATs in Development system is as follows - which has 5 entries for SAP_EHS_0101_001.

As I've added one more Characteristics in this VAT so run the 'Create Entries for the value assignments' and there after the view is as follows,

This is what i expected and which is correct even. One more line got inserted here for Column No: 4. Till here works fine

Now,

if i see the transport request, there are not the 6 entries and have only 5 entries. 😞

and here the problem is....

When I've transported this TR to quality, there are only 5 entries and the New Entry is not transported to Quality.

Can anybody guide me, why this new entry not got included in TR and not transported to Quality?

How we should then transport all such new entries from Development to Quality and to production thereafter .

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Go to the 2nd step - Set-up Table-based Assignment.

You can see the no. of entries in this table.

MENU > Table view > Transport

by doing like above, these entries will be part of the TR and you can transport the same to other environments. you can cross the check the no. of entries after transport success.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal,

Thanks for quick reply.

I missed to convey that, I have alredy done this activity couple of times but not through...

Kindly Advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

first I would like to know, why do you want to transport them to one system to another?

why don't you do in another way, by exporting and importing the updated property tree to other environments (with the new changes) and carryout the step "set up table -based value assignment" in other environments like quality, production etc.,

Transport request can carry the values, but when you carry the step "create entries for the value assignment".... here this may not consider the new changes as your updated property tree is not in place. hence the characteristics no more valid in this environment, because those are not exist in the system.

you have to do these steps in a sequence.

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

Kamal raised some very good hints. I "struggle" a lit bit with your picture (comparison before and after adding a characteristic). I am not executing this customizing activity very often: but there is one major pitfall.

If I understand you correct: you are using a "SAP" class and introduced a "customer specific" characteristic in the same class? referring to:

"As I've added one more Characteristics in this VAT so run the 'Create Entries for the value assignments' and there after the view is as follows,"

In doing so you will always have trouble with SAP classes. It is recommended not ! to

a.) insert

b.) remove

c.) or change

characteristics in SAP classes. It is "possible" to "adapt" the class but then you can get the effects like you have. I will not go into deep here but SAP classes are "special" and it is a "bad" idea to adapt them. I would assume if you would perform a "copy" of SAP class into customer class, SAP characteristic into customer characterisic etc. it will work properly (therefore you have a "complete" customer specific class Take care of report symbols ! as well).

Only by this approach you will succeed in my opinion (without to much trouble)

C.B.

PS: inserting, removing or changing a characteristic in a SAP class is a "modification" from point of view of SAP (not from "transport point of view); but you will have only trouble in doing so