cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo Notification Trigger Expression for timed Notification

0 Kudos

Dear community,

i'm using PCo 15.1 to send Notifications to a DB or send sensor data to MII.

Right now, the trigger is always on, what generates a lot of data. Is it possible to write a trigger expression to send a notification every minute?

It is just a test scenario, where i would like to send a room temperature every minute, since i don't need it every second...

Tag comes from OPC Server.

Thanks and best regards

Stefan

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to store the metadata about the tags.

Example, when I subscribe the new tag, i want to store the information about the tag such as name, source, data type in HANA.

How can it be possible using PCo?

Best Regards,

Megha

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Tag Metadata is only maintained in PCo. In PCo 15.1, If you set up an ODBC Destination (to write data to HANA tables) you can access the PCo metadata and write it with the tag data as part of the record.

Can you provide more detail about what you are trying to accomplish?

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

My objective to use PCo is to get data from OPC serverand using PCo store it in HANA DB.

I created restful destination and i am able to store the data.

But my requirement is to collect the metadata of all tags from different machine in a separate table in HANA. Suppose if someone is adding new machine then i want to store the tags information in a table in HANA.

If I use the ODBC connection, It will give data in narrow format, can we changed it to wide format?

Regards,

Megha

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I tried odbc connection in sql sever , it works.

Can you please guide me how to connect hana from PCo.

I created DSN ( HDBODBC ) .

But its not coming up in configuration tab.

Thanks & Regards,

Megha

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

PCo is a 32bit application and needs to have 32bit ODBC DSN created for it. Please use this 32bit ODBC Data Source Administrator on your PCo server to create the 32bit Hana ODBC DSN:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply steve.

I  tried many times creating 32bit, bt HDBODBC32  is not coming in the list of drivers.

Thanks & regards,

Megha

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Did you try both System and User DSN for HANA?

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Steve.

It is not finding the drivers i guess.

I installed the 32 bit HANA client separately, it worked.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am able to simulate the data in HANA successfully.

Can I send data for multiple tables.

Suppose If i am selecting different tables which has same column name ex: TAB1 [COL1, COL2, COL3],   TAB2[COL1,COL2,COL3]

I want to send data in first table from different machine or tags and in second table from different.

What I see in destination tab, only unique column names gets populated.

Is there any way that we can achieve the above scenario.

Regards,

Megha

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Yes, you can do this by creating additional destinations in PCo, one for each table that you need to populate.  You can assign more than one destination to a PCo Notification and map the same or different Subscription items to each destination as well.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

Thanks Steve

but in case we have 100 or large number of machines in a plant, we have to create equal number of destinations to store data in respective tables.

Can we avoid it ?

Thanks & regards,

Megha

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

I will need to understand your schema in order to best answer this.  why are you creating a table per machine?

Regards, Steve