Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic for Lower Limit and Upper Limit for Component Value in SAP EHS WWI Report

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I need to build a logic for displaying component value of a composition. The range will not be maintained in CG02.

We need to display a range instead of component value.

For Example: The Component composition value is 7% then the output should be >5 - <10%.

Likewise if 62.5% then output should be >60 - <65%. So essentially the range is 0-5, 6-10 .... 95-100.

I'm not sure if I can write WWI code with the help of Conditional Output for these many ranges.

So any other suggestion how can I build a logic here?

my plan is to create a custom FM. Define a logic to pick range and assign it to symbol 01GESTVCOMPA in the report as Method.

Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Rohan Somji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

using the standard "IF" technique available in WWI you can achieve the goal. The "exact" solution depends on many factors.

You could use a (quite long) nesting of "IFs". like

IF value <= 5 then print "0 - 5"

elseif (value > 5 and value <= 10) then print "5 - 10"

etc.

endif

The values like "0 - 5" etc. could be "hardcoded" in the WWI template but you can as well use a phrase

The main problem is the "UOM". You should seperate the "value" from "UOM" topic

E.g. value could have UOM like "%0", "PPM" etc.

Clearly: customer specific approach might be possible as well; but why not sticking to SAP standard ?

C.B.

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for the sound advice. Since I had a huge list of range I created a include template as the output was to be fetched in one of the many columns. But it works perfectly fine. I wrote a conditional output with alternative for each range.

Regards,

Rohan

Answers (0)