cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : The element type "hr" must be terminated by the matching end-tag ""

0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have written query in MII which combines standard tables in SAP ME.

For one order with more data when I run query it is giving me error as below:

The element type "hr" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</hr>"

Issue is query gives o/p sometimes and sometimes there is error?

Can you please help me with issue?

Thanks,

Neha

0 Kudos

Perhaps a screenshot with the error message would help? Might also show the query that you wrote. But at the moment, no I can't help you as you have provided insufficient information for me to do so. Do you know what data is being called when the error occurs?

Regards, Mike

Kevin_Hunter
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

As Mike has already pointed out you are not providing enough information for anyone to help you. Are you using a SQLQuery ? If so can you provide the SQL you are using or even better can you attach the query to the question. Which MII/ME versions are you using?

Thanks

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Kevin_Hunter
Employee
Employee

Hi Neha,

I agree with Christians response.

Your SQL statement is pretty big so to help diagnose where the problem is, can you break the query down into several smaller parts to see which one/ones are causing the issue? Eg one for expected tools, one for expected materials etc . Maybe build a BLS transaction with logging that calls the queries and brings all the data together.

I couldn't test the query as I only have access to a HANA and MS SQL based ME and not an Oracle one which you appear to have. Also because you have several custom tables i cannot test it.

I also should add the standard caveat that you should be careful with big queries on the WIP table as it can impact the performance of the system for the users. Im not saying this query will have an impact Im just saying be careful.

Thanks

Kevin

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Kevin. While it is ideal to get everything from the db in one go, from a maintainability and troubleshooting standpoint a big complicated query like yours can be tough to deal with.

Kevin_Hunter
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Can you share the shortened query that is causing the issue? Can this query be broken down into even smaller pieces? As Christian pointed out, the problem is typically an error message coming from the database or characters in your returning dataset.

Ive no idea whats different when using browser mode, maybe it parses the data differently which is suggesting to me the issue is the dataset.

Can you provide a sample of a dataset that fails with an internal frame but works with in browser mode?

Without access to your actual system it will be difficult to tie this issue down so it may be work opening a support ticket and the support team can connect to your system and investigate further.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reply.

I analysed query in small parts and initial query at start which getting material details causing issue.

Problem for me is SQL query error is not consistent . Sometimes it gives output also.

Also If I run query in workbench using 'browser' options with http post and content type html, it is giving me output. Not sure what is difference.

Thanks,

Neha

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reply.

I tried removing special characters but even after removing query gives error sometimes.

I will tweak log configurations and see if I can see something. As of now I can not get any lead in logs.

Thanks,

Neha

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically this type of error message occurs when there is an error at some level that redirects to an html based error message page and/or login page. I think this can also happen if there is an odd or illegal character in your result set somewhere. Because the html page is not valid xml or xhtml and it has an hr tag without a closing tag as xml would require MII cannot parse it.

Your best bet is to go to the logs and see if there are some more useful messages in there. You may have to tweak the log configurations to get more lower level messages. I would also try to isolate if certain data sets are causing the issue consistently like only a few specific orders or whatever and then look in the db at the data to see what they have in common that might be causing an issue.

Regards,
Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Yes I m using SQL query with SAP WIP as data source.

MII version is 15.2 SP3 patch 8. Also I have attached query.

Thanks,

Neha

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply.

Please find attached screenshot for error. Query is getting data for shop order ,its components to be assembled in ME and also item details.

Thanks,

Neha