cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the table CHEN store?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, does anyone know what SBO table CHEN does? The reason I am asking this is because this table creates SQL blocks and SBO hangs. We have to manually kill the process in SQL Server to release the block. Has anyone faced a similar problem and/or has a workaround, please assist us.

rgds

Faizal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody have any solution on this? we are getting the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizal,

A quick peek in the SDK Help gives this:

<i>Caching Update Notification </i>

<i>Table name: CHEN</i>

I haven't have this problem, but when does this hangup occur? Is it hanges during normal use, or does it occur while using an addon? And which version/patchlevel are you using?

Hope it helps,

Rowdy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rowdy, thanks for your reply. SBO does not hang during normal use, it only hangs when batch processes/large reports are run. We are on patch 42.

We've noted using the sql profiler that:

1. SBO queries the CHEN table every minute per user

2. from sql profiler, we saw the process that was blocking others was the query for CHEN table. This happens when a large process is happening.

The following are questions that would be interesting to answer:

What is the purpose of CHEN table?

Why does SBO raise a query on CHEN every minute per user?

Why does a sql block occur on CHEN table?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

rgds

Faizal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizal,

I can't say for sure what he table does, but if you are running large batches when people are using the client application, then you will get blocks and no doublt about it.

Typical example - today I needed to update 6,500 records via the DTW. It hung every single user in the company. After about 15 minutes, it had gotten to about 900 records.

I canceled the update, and waited until we were closed for the day. Then ran the same update. It took 10 minutes for the entire data.

I believe that the table is used by SBO Client application to keep the client's cache (like for example the last bp master data that was retrieved from the database) synced with the actual data in the database. Of course I could be wrong.