Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value against Stock/Value on 01/01/0000 in MB5B

former_member184551
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM experts

I am a BI consultant and  needed some help in understanding an inventory concept. I wanted to understand where does the value against the line Stock/Value on 01/01/0000 in MB5B come from and what does it mean ? Is it the initial stock value ? For example in the screenshot below the value 6,832.90 USD

is populated bu the qty for the same is 0. The problem is that this value messes up my calculation in the inventory cube in BI. The standard non-cumulative key figure 0VASTCKVAL in the inventory cube 0IC_C03 gets calculated based on an inflow and outflow, in the screenshot below those are the entries against Total/Val. of Receipts & Total/Value of Issues respectively which turns out to be a figure close to -6,000, whereas the stock is 0 as can be seen in the image below. When I add the 6,832.90 USD value to the Total/Val. of Receipts  (inflow) my calculation becomes correct and I get a zero. But I do not understand what this value (6,832.90 USD) signifies.

Would appreciate any clarifications or advice.

Thanks

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems an inconsistency. Please let us know the selection options you have chosen. Also check whether the material type has been changed or the quantity update for the material type has been changed in between.

In addition, refer the note: 1772782 - MB5B: Detailed information about opening and closing stock

which explains the system design and the logic for MB5B. Refer the same and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member184551
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon

Thanks for your reply, here is a screenshot of the selection screen of MB5B, I am checking the rest of your inputs with our MM consultant

But in a usual scenario do we see a value against 0 CV here ?

Thanks

Sameer

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184551
Contributor
0 Kudos

This was an inconsistency in the SAP/ECC system, I have raised a message to SAP support.

Thanks everyone for having a look

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Please check my analysis as below.

1) Opening balance is 6,832.90 USD with 0 Quantity.

2) The goods issue value is higher than the receipt value.

Difference amount between GI and GR is 6,832.90 USD.

3) Closing balance is 0 USD with 0 Quantity.

Opening balance = 6,832.90     USD 

Goods receipts    = 77, 964. 35 USD

-----------------------------------------------------------

84, 797. 25 USD

Good Issues        = 84, 797. 25  USD

---------------------------------------------------------

= 0                  USD

---------------------------------------------------------

From the above analysis, I am concluding the MB5B report calculation is correct and there is no inconsistency. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

BR, Rosh.

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Search for any rows with quantity equal to 0 and value not equal to zero? Like the following.

Such things are possible in Test Systems if someone changes the FI config (Plant assignment to cocode) after documents are posted.

Regards,

Niranjan

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

as per my knowledge  FI team adjust the stock and amount manually in the process matching the stock with physical and sap stock.

Regards

Sudhakar