Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate automatic settlement rules to superior WBS

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am unable to generate automatic settlement rule automatically from lower levels to the superior ones through implementing Note 211324

This is the error

The project structure looks like this

Can anybody guide me as to what may be the problem

Regards,

Suman Misra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please check SAP Note:- 498502 - Suppressing message CJ 115 for top WBS

this will override this message and resolve your problem.

thanks

Sunil

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Your Level 1 should settle to a different receiver then WBS.. but it looks like the strategy defined is wrong.. Can you share the settlement strategy used for settling of the top level wbs..

from your screenshot it looks system is trying to settle the L1 WBS to its superior wherein there is no superior.. Please check the stratgey maintained for WBS..

Regards

Sammar

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes right it is generating the rules for all WBS successfully except the level 1. Here is my config

Also will there be any inconsistencies in the system if we implement this functionality according to note 211324 SAP recommends not to install this. Will there be any negative impact from your experience can you share with me. Though I have seen a number of projects implementing this without any problem.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sammar is correct, the level 1 WBS has to have a different receiver.  You usually settle up the WBS hierarchy in order to have only a single WBS (the Level 1) settle to COPA, Asset, G/L, etc.

For revenue projects usually the Level 1 will have Billing element checked and you can use that in Settlement Rule Strategy.  Or you should not have the L1 Account Assignment checked and you can use that in your strategy.

What is your plan to fill the settlement rule on the L1 WBS?

Settling up the hierarchy is a performance concern that is why SAP doesn't recommend it.  If you have a deep structure you are settling the same costs over and over.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The first level WBS will be account assigned. The requirement is to bring all the costs from the lower levels to the top level where the AUC is mapped. So one AUC per project. Fixed assets also in the same level.

I have seen the note in which SAP recommends not to use for performance issues but since I have seen this in other projects and also here the structure will not be very complex. I am planning to suppress the message as suggested above.