cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solving issue with SAP SD range numbers in VA01 (message points to RV_BELEG )

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

While working in VA01 transaction, after saving document, I receive warning message about how document number is near the limit and message is ponting to RV_BELEG.

I am aware that these changes can be done in SNRO transaction but I have some doubts how to accomlish it.

This is what I would like to do when I enter RV_BELEG using SNRO transaction

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2802/heov.jpg

My questions are this:

- Do I have to create new interval or is it alright just to extent limit by adding number 9 as on screenshot?

- Is it neccessary to change any number range in FI because of FI documents which are also defined by number ranges?

Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have any range available, change the range. For avoid gaps in the range (non-consecutive) and it will be exhausted early, see SAP Note 141497 - Consulting: Buffering of number ranges.

Other possibility is archiving SO and reuse the range, although it isn't advisable (see SAP Note 781802 - Resetting number ranges after archiving data).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samnovice,

Just extend the current sales document number range as you have mentioned in the screenshot and regarding FI Documents , In general billing document number and accounting document will be maintained as same but it's no way related to sales order document number range i suppose.So just extend number ranges at sales document level and leave FI document number range as it is.

Regards,

samba

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOV8-Select your  Sales Document type

in Number system section maintain "01" in No.range int.assgt.

save it and then try to create sales order and update your feed back.

Regards,

Krishna.