cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip Lot using DMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has a requirement like there will be a material with "n" number of batches. There may be 30 characteristics attached to the material at plan. Now they want to skip the characteristics or vary the characteristics during inspection. I understand DMR is the option, applying which this can be done. But I am unable to understand that how to apply DMR to get the desired result.

For example Material M has following batches with varying MIC's:

1. MB1 (a q w e r t y---> characteristics or MIC's)

2. MB2 (a q w )

3. MB3 (q w e)

4. MB4 (a q w e r)

5. MB5 (e r t y)

6. MB6 (w e r t)

7. MB7 (a q w e r t)

Mentioned above is the scenario how  they want QA Plan to be configured.  Going through DMR I didn't understood what do we mean by stage. What is No. of inspections & new inspection stages in "OK" & "NOT OK".

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following your requirement, I don't think you will be looking after DMR to meet up that. DMR is something else and above shared is very nice document to understand what DMR is and how it can be used!

Now coming to your query, I understand you have a material with multiple batches and you need a different set of MICs as per the batches, correct ?

I'm not sure how many such sets exists but you'd need to go after maintenance of different operations of an inspection plan. You can create different operations and assign the MICs in the required pattern, all that in a single inspection plan .

Thereafter, whenever an inspection lot is generated for a material/batch, user would have to select desired operation (and thus desired set of MICs) to record the result and close the inspection lot.

I hope this helps and if I misunderstood your query, please revert !

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

I understand your solution but that is not applicable as the user won't know at which operation what is maintained for that he has to go to plan to check the operations.  There by the process becomes tedious. So I was looking for a solution through DMR if possible.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through the below link for better understanding of DMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through this steps but there are certain things that I didn't understood. Like:

1. What is STAGE? or at stage what do we define?

2. How the relation is maintained using stage?

3. In OK what is No. of Inspection & new inspection stage? & in  NOT OK what is rejections & new inspection stage? Like how this relations are maintained?

Regards,

Rahul

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try myself for these questions,

1. What is STAGE? or at stage what do we define?

2. How the relation is maintained using stage?

When you use skip functionality, you need to define certain parameters for skipping to take place. Let say you need to inspect one lot out of 10.

In short, first stage will keep the inspection lot open for processing and second stage will skip further nine lots. And thus cycle goes on ! But there is more which is related to next query,

3. In OK what is No. of Inspection & new inspection stage? & in  NOT OK what is rejections & new inspection stage? Like how this relations are maintained?

You process first inspection lot and finds it Accepted or OK. Then you go to next stage (new inspection stage) and skip next nine lots.

BUT, what if first inspection lot is rejected?

You may need to process the very next inspection lot and further until you find one Accepted (and thus next nine are skipped again). So, this is what you maintain via NOT OK. If the lot is NOT OK, you define next stage desired on the basis of rejection count.

Like taking a snap from the doc,

It explains that insp stage 5 will move to next stage (skipped) as soon as five lots are accepted. Whereas, if any one inspection lot is rejected, it will move to next stage 20 i.e Tighten inspection (where you keep processing the lots without skipping) or next stage may be defined as Reduced (where you may want to inspect lesser lots than regular)

This is all related and might seem confusing initially but you'll be much clarified as soon as run few test cases in SND. For more info, read more docs and use F1 help.

Now coming to your another query related to choosing the appropriate set of MICs automatically,

as the user won't know at which operation what is maintained for that he has to go to plan to check the operations

Pl share if there is some logic or criteria defined which decides a fix pattern for a batch? Because I'm still not sure of using DMR for this purpose !

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

Thanks a lot for a detailed explanation on DMR it is clear to me now. But the question still remains is hoe to deal with the requirement of client. That is frequency of testing of different batches of same material. Is it possible through any enhancement?