cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order type & requirement planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

I want to restrict requirement planning on the basis of sales order type. For perticular order type I do not want MRP & for another order type I want planning. Can I do such a setting on the order type? If yes, please tell me.

Jayesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jayesh,

-->From sales order MRP get trigger through schedule line ctaegroy so,

-->You can get this requirement through maintaining different schecduling line categories for non MRP type order and MRP relavented sales orders.

-->Standard schedule line ctaegeory *without MRP is CN*

-->Schedule line category will get determine based in these combination

Item category+MRP type--->Schedule line category

-->So if you want to define different scedule line categories for different order types you need to define different item categories for that order types through VOV7 transaction.

-->Then you need to determine those itemcategories through VOV4 transaction for the respective sales document type.

->Now you define schedule line categories with MRP and with out MRP through VOV6 transaction.

For Non MRP schedule line category you remove the check for Req./Assembly in detail screen of schedule line category.

-->Finnally you do the determination of the schedule line categories through VOV5 transaction.

Item category of MRP related Order+MRP type-->MRP related schedule line category.

Item category of Non MRP related order+ No MRP Type-->non MRP related schedule line category.

Now when you create sales order system consider the schecduline category based on the order type-->itemcategroy in the sales order.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 10, 2008 7:30 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jayesh

Instead of order type, what I would suggest is that have a different schedule line category in VOV6 and in one of the schedule line categories, untick the field "Req./Assembly". Assign these schedule line catogiries to your item category in VOV5.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use different schedule lines for sales documents and with / with our MRP there are different schedule lines you can use

you can use different item category by that way you can assign different schedule lines

regards

srini