Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM quantity variance

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Below are the requirements from my client:

Sales BOM maintained in the system as follows:

If you order 1 PC of Mat A, then 1 PC of Mat B (a label) will be added in the sales order.However, if you order 1 Box of Mat A (which is 8 PC), you get 8 PC of Mat B (8 Labels) which they don't want.

Requirement: For 1 BOX of Mat A there should be only 1 PC of Mat B (i.e. 1 Label) because you never attach 8 labels to 1 box.

Is there any way to handle this in standard SAP?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Ritz
Active Contributor

aniketg,,

Then you can go for alternate BOM.

In the exampel you created update teh lot size and it will pick the second item where quantity is 8.

Also in second BOM fix the quantity as i mention in my previous reply.

Please up-vote the replies if it help you.

Thanks

RD

0 Kudos

Thanks it helped! But there's still one issue here. Lets say someone orders 2 BOX, it will still trigger 16 PC (unless we check "Manual alternative" in item category, which we don't want).

Is there anyway to control this by UOM? For example, anytime the material is ordered in BOX "AltBOM 2" should trigger and when the material is ordered in PC "AltBOM 1" should trigger?

Ritz
Active Contributor
Thanks it helped! But there's still one issue here. Lets say someone orders 2 BOX, it will still trigger 16 PC (unless we check "Manual alternative" in item category, which we don't want).
Is there anyway to control this by UOM? For example, anytime the material is ordered in BOX "AltBOM 2" should trigger and when the material is ordered in PC "AltBOM 1" should trigger?

You can do the quick test , maintined alternate uinit of measure in Material master

1 Box = 8 PC

and the try creating new BOM with base quantity 1 BOX, it will have 8 PC of A and 1 Label.

I guess it will work for you.

Thanks

RD

0 Kudos

Like i said in my previous reply, we cannot maintain BOM with base qty as BOX (even though material master has conversions maintained). Base UOM field will always be PC and greyed out since it's fetched from Material master. Hence the issue

Ritz
Active Contributor
Hi Ritesh, thanks for the suggestion. However, this doesn't solve issue because if they order 4 PC of mat A, they want 4 PC of Labels to stick on each PC. If we mark Fixed Qty, then it will be always generate 1 PC of Label.

for first BOM create it for lot 1 to 7 and no fixed quantity for label, so labels will be in proportion to order quantity up to 7.

If the order is for quantity 8 , it will pick second BOM and there you will have one label for eack box.

Please check my previous reply again.

Thanks

RD

Ritz
Active Contributor

aniketg,,

Also , another possibility is create second BOM with base quantity 1 BOX, and mention label as quantity 1 , so now if you get order for 2 box the second BOM will be picked and you will get 2 labels.

Thanks

RD

0 Kudos

You can't change UOM in BOM because it gets picked up from Material master.

Ritz
Active Contributor

aniketg,

Use the fixed quantity for label so that it will be always 1 regardless of the quantity of material A.

you can find it in item details of BOM item.

If the component quantity is

• fixed,
    The quantity fixed quantity
is not in proportion to the assembly being produced or the order quantity.
The quantity for provision of material is fixed.
  • not fixed,
    The quantity
is in proportion to the quantity of the assembly being produced or the order quantity.
The quantity for provision of material is in proportion to the order quantity.

Thanks

RD

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh, thanks for the suggestion. However, this doesn't solve issue because if they order 4 PC of mat A, they want 4 PC of Labels to stick on each PC. If we mark Fixed Qty, then it will be always generate 1 PC of Label.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can differentiate these combinations via "Alternative BOM" which you can find in CS01.

0 Kudos

Hi, I created an alternative BOM. However, in sales order always 1st one is determined. Is there any additional setup that is required?