cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding difference when billing sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys! I really need your piece of advice.

Lets take an example:

I have an order with great number of items with given net value.

Item1: 1 308,15

Item2: 130,82

Item3: 2 616,32

Item4: 130,81

Item5: 1 308,15

Item6: 654,08

When I want to execute billing of such a document, SAP calculates tax per item(for example 10%):

Item1: 1 308,15

TAX calculated value: 130,82

Item2: 130,82

TAX calculated value: 13,08

Item3: 2 616,32

TAX calculated value: 261,63

Item4: 130,81

TAX calculated value: 13,08

Item5: 1 308,15

TAX calculated value: 130,82

Item6: 654,08

TAX calculated value: 65,41

Sum: 6148,33 TAX: 614,84

If we calculate total tax per document: 6148,33 * 10% = 614,83

We have 0,01 discepancy for document with 6 items, for document with hundred intems this discrepancy will be huge.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

I hope my description is fine however I am just an abaper

Thanks for your help,

Adam Tomaszewski

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

you can very well solve the issue in the standard.

Check your custo for VAT condition:

That´s all. When you create a sales order, system will apply rounding difference to the highest ítem value (if any) or to the first line ítem.

Heading

Line ítems 10 and 20

Regards,

JM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Were you able to correct this issue by simply changing the condition to a group condition.

I have the same exact issue you initially described.  However, when i update or create a new sales order after updating the condition type, the taxes are still not correct at the header level.

Please let me know if there was anything else that you had to do to correct this issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create new routine , In that routine write code to add correction factor to last item in the billing document at item level.This will solve your issue.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See SAP Note 315792 - Group conditions of the same amount on item

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

In pricing master routine level just check how many digits it is capturing.

means 1st line item 130815 is your base value then tax 13082 if it is rounding off for tax

2nd line item 13082 is your base value then tax 1308..

actual your tax value is 13081.5+1308.2 = 14389.70

so do the necessary changes in the routine field length increase to 2 to 3 decimals then you will get the accurate values.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but where to find this routine? Do you mean  t-code V/08 ?

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes , you can find V/08 and then click on pricing procedure go to control there 3 types of routines will be there calculation type mainly. ( also check req.type ).

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in table T001R for your company code/Currency what is the Rounding unit assigned. Also check in your pricing procedure if the requirement 13 is assigned.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, your description of your issue is clear.

Now regarding your issue, system always do the rounding of one Condition Value based on the rounding rule you apply, and it is for one Line Item. So the calculation is correct as per the line item.

System simply add the values of Taxes from different line item to have a Total Value of the document at Header Level, so certainly you mayget a minor difference, as you have already explained.

As far as I am aware there is no standard solution for this. However since you are an ABAP Consultant so you may think of some Z-development for updating the value at Header Level.

Thankis and regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your response.

I have already considered an option you have mantioned, but updating doc header on the FI billing document may lead to some inconsistency on the line between order and billing doc I guess.