cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order for Co-Product in S/4

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where the BOM contains Co-products, I have a valid master data for the Main product and everything looks fine here. however back in an old ECC server when you create a production order for the Co-product, the order outputs a message saying " Use as a co-product " and on approval the order is converted to the main product (see screenshot)

This seems to be not working in the same way in S4 servers or maybe there is a missing configuration here.
in S4 when I try to create an order for the Co-product I simply get a message that there is no PV (which is true )

My first doubt was that I'm here using SFC not PI, however after simulating another scenario it resulted in the same output.

Thanks in advance

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Dear caetano.almeida,

I'm writing a summary of what I have reached so far in a reply for everyone to see hoping it will help.

After some help from my colleague, I found out the following:

Assumptions:
My co-product cannot be manufactured alone hence, no separate master data exist for the co-product.

Requirement:
The requirement was that if you are to create a production order for the co-product, the order should automatically be converted to the main material. The quantity to be produced for the leading BOM material is calculated from the quantity desired for your co-product.

Observation:

in an old IDES ECC system, the functionality did work smoothly with no extra setup and whenever you create an order for the co-product, you get the following screenshot, and the order is converted to the main material when you select the "Use as Co-product" option:

Resolution:

to have the same behavior in an S/4 System, proceed as follows:

1. Same master data setup ( Co-product indicators in material master and BOM, Apportionment Structure... )

2. Create a production version for the co-product with the following conditions:

• The key of the production version for the BOM item must be identical to that of the corresponding production version of the header material.

• Instead of the BOM, recipe, and apportionment structure, it contains the number of the header material to whose production version it refers (Other header mat. field).

This is indicated in the SAP Help page Here in the section "Special Features".

3. Create an order for the co-product (however we don't get the same message as the IDES, we get the same behavior:

Looking forward to your insights about this.

Best Regards