Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency/Incomplete Error in mass upload of Configuration

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I will need your expert help on the issue I am facing in my project.

We have sales order items having more than 300 characteristics. So we have a small program which takes the sales order number, item number, characteristic name, and value from an xls sheet and update the configuration in sales order.

We also have lot of constraints, procedures, etc... in the profile of this item, due to which we dont get the configuration as Green always. In many cases, we get inconsistency or incompletion in the configuration.

However we are not able to read these reasons in the program. Reasons for inconsistency or incompletion are not feasible to read by the program as these are mostly coming from interpretation of rules by the VC engine.

Do we have a method for handling the following scenarios.

1. Even if configuration is incomplete or inconsistent, I want to update the VC values as provided in the xls sheet in the sales order and lock the configuration and save sales order.

2. After saving sales order, I want the program to get the reasons for inconsistency (the inconsistency messages we see in the sales order) and present them at the end.

I will be grateful for any useful thoughts (programs used, technical inputs, alternative methods) on this.

View Entire Topic
former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check the inconsistency (and the reasons) with transaction CUTRACE. You can switch on tracing and mark that you want to have all the details in the settings. Then you have a very detailed trace after the dependencies, procedures etc. are running and checking/calculatinkg values.

After the tracing is activated then you can enter the configuration to the sales order and in an other session you can see the logs why is it inconsistent,

Best regards

Tamas