Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO items location in warehouse

fcpeomaior
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer wants to manage some stocks items by FIFO, at global company level (option "Manage Item Cost per Warehouse" disabled on company details).

After some tests it seems that SAP B1 correctly issues first the oldest items with correct cost from warehouse, when this warehouse contains several FIFO layers.

However, when I check the FIFO item status on "Inventory Revaluation" standard form, the info is confusing: it correctly shows the original document/date/cost when stock was received, but the warehouse where its located is incorrect.

My customer expects to move FIFO stock between several stores, and it needs to know the stock FIFO info at warehouse level. Is there any query that allows me to get this data by warehouse, for a given FIFO item? SAP already processes this correctly, so this info should be kept in the system... (tried to query OIVQ/OIVE/OIVL tables but it seems complex)

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

I suggest you set up 2 databases with and without the setting mentioned and do the same transactions to understand how the layers are maintained with the different settings. I am pretty sure you will see differences.

That way you can also determine if it is at all possible to do what you want.

Jesper