cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems managing status for WIP individually per WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN

Here's my scenario: A have a project which below the highest level WBS has two WBSs, each representing a phase in the project. When the first phase is completed I want to set the status for this element to TECO so that this phase can be settled and any WIP that might have accumulated can be cancelled. As for the second phase, status should still be REL so that any cost posted can be registered as WIP at period-end. Consequently also my highest level WBS should have status REL at this stage. For period-end I want to do a RA mass-processing of all my projects in transaction KKAJ. In the selection variant I make sure that my project is included in the selection.

Here's my problem: All costs accumulated on the TECO'ed WBS is registered as WIP on the highest level WBS in the RA run. It is not important if the WIP is posted on the upper or lower level, but it is unacceptable that the status of the highest level WBS controls how costs on the lower level WBSs are handled during period end.

Hope you have ideas for solving this problem or at least an acceptable work around

Kind regards

Steen Koefoed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The functionality is controlled by the field Project structure in OKG3