Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postive and negative quant in same bin

cwlaualex
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found that there are some dynamic bins under storage type 916 have both positive and negative quantity quant in the same bin. The quantity are the same and the quant are basically the same for all those key fields. I would like to know how can this happen? Is there any configuration that I should check for? Thanks!

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

cwlaualex
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is no 999 movement for the delivery in question.

There is only 3 TO exists. The first one is the GR from other site to current site. The second one is internal transfer to another bin. The last one is the 916 dynamic OBD bin. The quant in last TO is left in that dynamic bin while a negative quant is generated during the PGI. As a result, the 916 dynamic bin has a pair of quant with both positive and negative quantity in the same bin now.

Regards,

Alex

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Can you check the delivery document flow - either select the line item in question in the delivery and check its document flow, or check table VBFA. It should reference the same TO and item number that was used to move the quant into 916.

I also noticed in your screen shot that this was consignment (K) stock. Did someone change the delivery after the pick to not use consignment? Can you check LQUA and let us know exactly what fields are different between the positive and negative quants?

Another thing to check, I am not sure exactly what your query was above, but if you could use LT22 to check the movements against only 916 dynamic bin, for both in & out bound, do you still get only the one record? Here is how I typically do it...

Raghu

grace_zhang4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I assume the issue here is that after picking but before goods issue a User has moved the stock under storage type 916.

If this is the issue, it is necessary and standard that users should be able to move stock in the warehouse, regardless of wether it is in an interim storage type. This can be important for instance when reversing picking for a delivery (moving stock back from 916).

Therefore, you should be make sure that none of your strategies are set to pick stock from 916. You can educate your users not to move stock from 916 only in certain rare circumstances. And if the stock is moved, you can use the workaround which already provided by  Manish (SAP KBA 1839053 - move positive quant into negative quant via LT01).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if there are any open posting changes open in LU04? Perhaps the fact that you have positive and negative quants in the same storage bin is because movement type 309 is configured as post in same bin.

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have had this exact situation happen to me before... but it was several years ago and I can't find any notes. My best guess is, did any user do a manual movement into or out of the 916 bin? I think I saw this when "superuser" was trying to fix something by moving one batch out of a material out of 916 and another in.

As Manish said, if all is equal the LT01 from positive quant to negative quant will work. If not, if you can back out the delivery properly using LT0G and try it again from picking on wards.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

using T-code LT26 check all the movement into 916 this will give some pointer  also if you want you can share the screen here but I am afraid that would be very long

cwlaualex
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

We are using decentralized WM. The positive quant is created before the negative quant. The TO transfer the stock in looks correct and the warehouse document transfer out the stock also looks fine. Is there any particular field that you can think of where checking is needed? Actually, both quants are almost the same.

Regards,

Alex

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then in that case it seems update error, How about the overall GM status flag in outbound delivery is that updated as "C"

cwlaualex
Explorer
0 Kudos

It's already "C". The warehouse document is generated when PGI and the negative quant is generated at that moment as well.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use LT01 to remove that in that case (since you have both negative and positive quant there should not be any impact on inventory but I am not sure whether system will allow same quant in Soruce and destination or not if that doesn't work then you can raise

a request (OSS) with SAP who can help and provide more insight on this

cwlaualex
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Alex