cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okta as Identity Provider for SAP S/4HANA Cloud

0 Kudos

Hallo community,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to use Okta as Identity Provider with SAP S/4HANA Cloud?

Thereby I am interested in following:

• Is there already somebody, who has established this?
  • Do we need "SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Service"?
  • How is the architecture?
  • Regards

Martin

Picture says more than 1000 words: see attachment

Okta-S4HC.png

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartyMcCormick
    Product and Topic Expert
    Product and Topic Expert
    0 Kudos

Hello

Although I haven't personally configured Okta, it should work as an authentication source for your S/4HANA Cloud system if it is a SAML 2.0 IdP (which I believe it is).

From an architecture perspective, the SAP Cloud IAS will still be used but it's purpose will be as an authentication proxy for S/4HC (you cannot remove it from your architecture picture).

In short, you configure the trust with the Okta IdP and away you go. (there are other options such as IdP initiated SSO, userstore federation, etc). You can refer to the documentation here: https://help.sap.com/viewer/6d6d63354d1242d185ab4830fc04feb1/Cloud/en-US/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Marty

FDias
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Agreed Marty, the S/4 HANA bundles IAS as default IdP for authentication and SSO. IAS is mandatory and preconfigured by SPC.

In case a customer already has a corporate IdP that they would like to use, then they can configure IAS as a proxy and delegate authentication to Okta. Okta supports SAML 2.0 and so you should be able to configure the SAML for this integration.

Thanks.

Fabian

msurge
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi Fabian, it's been a while. I have a question on how OKTA can be leveraged with SAP Data Intelligence. what is the customization necessary to enable this function of authentication with another Kafka streaming platform?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You probably solved this by now, we are going to connect Okta to SAP IAS soon. Any additional findings or tips?

regards,

Jeroen

DanielleBeeken
    Product and Topic Expert
    Product and Topic Expert
    0 Kudos

Thank you for participating in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. Great visual, I am reaching out to our moderators for input on identity providers, stay tuned!