Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field type Quantity with Unit

Aurélie_Schwall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we need to create a custom field in sales document header and fill it with total weight of the sales order to display this field in app Manage sales orders.

A few monthes ago we already created a similar custom field at sales document item level and filled it with gross weight of the item. This custom field was created with type Quantity with Unit.

We would like to use the same type for the custom field at header level in order to remain consistent. However, we don't know which would be the length of a custom field created with this type and were not able to find this information in SAP support or documentation. So, we are wondering if there is any risk that the total weight of an order will exceed the length of the field?

Thanks for your answers.

Aurélie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Zhehui_Xia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aurélie,

I searched many documents and didn't find what is the max length of this type. So I created a custom field with the type Quantity with Unit in my public cloud system and test how large the number I can input. Seems that you can enter a number with a maximum of 12 digits.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Zhehui

Zhehui_Xia_0-1720762394440.png

Aurélie_Schwall
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Zhehui, many thanks for the test and for sharing the results!

Answers (0)