cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Category and Line Item Type for Fixed Assets Migration

0 Kudos

Dear all,

To migrate fixed assets in the middle of the fiscal year(2018/8/31 in the example), which movement category and line item type should be used for fixed assets like below?

Fixed asset AAA

Acquisition on 1/1/2017 (in the previous fiscal year) for 200,000

Accumulated depreciation of pre-fiscal year(1/1/2017~31/12/2017): 100,000

Depreciation of the current year(1/1/2018~31/8/2018): 50,000

And this fixed asset is depreciated by manual depreciation or mass depreciation upload.

When to depreciate fixed assets acquired in the pre-fiscal year by manual depreciation or mass depreciation upload, the depreciation value is usually posed with the movement category 46: Manual Depreciation and the line item type 1025: Proportional Regular Depreciation of Prior-Year Acquisitions.

But If I migrate fixed assets with the combination of movement category 46 and line item type 1025, the system says 'Invalid combination MovementCategory 46 and SubledgerLineItemTypeCode 01025'.

It would be very helpful if you could give me any advice.

Thank you,

Kyoko.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor

Hello Kyoko,

In the fixed asset migration template : refer to te documentation tab.

Based on the date of migration and fiscal year setting, you need to select appropriate Line item type, Movement category, Posting date and Valuation date. here is then the image of the documentation tab of the migration file.

you can add this values directly in the migration file and then use the following value mapping in the convert values step of the migration tool (as shown in the screenshot attached by Lokesh)

Below are the values that is for the case : migration at the end of the fiscal year. (i.e last day of the fiscal year in which migration is being performed)

Migration of Accumulated Values (Last Period Previous Year) = 07

Historical Cost = 01000

Accumulated Depreciation = 01005

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Harshal

ed_mee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh/Lokesh,

We've used this blog many times for our implementations so extremely useful thanks! Can I ask how you go about taking into account legacy fixed assets that have had an element of special depreciation applied? It may be the case that an asset has had some element of manual depreciation in a legacy system. However, if we put in the values for acquisition and accumulated depreciation then the system looks at the useful life and depreciation value and then tries to write this back to the asset in the first period.

How would we go about entering this on the asset posting lines and what would be line item conversion/mapping look like?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor

Hello Ed,

Line Item Type:

01006 - Proportionally Accumulated Special Depreciation

01206 - Periodically Posted Special Depreciation

Movement Type:

47 - Manual Special Depreciation

Regards,

Harshal

Cathleen_Steinh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello harshal

I am trying to migration 47 with 01006 and 01206 but I only receive error mesasges. When I try 47 with 01006 I receive the message "Cannot find line item type 01006 in the line item scheme". If I try 47 with 01206 I receive the error message "Invalid combination MovementCategory 47 and SubledgerLineItemTypeCode 01206". I am migrating during the financial year and have sepcial depreciation for the depreciation of last finanical year. Do you have an idea what could cause the error?

Thanks and regards,

Cathleen

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor

Hi Cathleen,

For the Movement category 47

01046 - Proportional Special Depreciation of Transactions: Current Year

01206 - Proportional Special Depreciation of Prior-Year Acquisitions

this would also need to checked with the posting date and valuation date that is entered in the template.

Regards,

Harshal

lokesh2
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Kyoko,

Please see the sample from the test results.

In general, you can see the below movement category and is linked to which line item type.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Harshal and Mr.Lokesh Sharma,

Thank you very much for the comments!

As I reported this as an incident, they fixed the error for the combination of movement category 46(manual depreciation) and line item type 1025(Proportional Regular Depreciation of Prior-Year Acquisitions: Current Year).

To migrate accumulated depreciation values of the current year in the case of migration in the middle of the fiscal year, the combination should be used for fixed assets that are depreciated by manual depreciation or mass depreciation upload.

Thanks a lot,

Kyoko.