cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master--Item CAt. group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's

I need clarification on the following points.

1. In the Materail MAster MM02 Creation screen

In SALES org 2 :

What is the diff. of General Item category group and Item category group.

2. I have a scenerio where I have out sourced material BANS as the Item category group and general Item category group as Norm.

When I create a sales order the system automatically creates a purchase requisition. in the system and confirms the del. date.

Where I have to configure the order document type sothat the PR (Purchase requisition comes automatically.

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the automatic purchasse req. creation settings is done at schedule line level (Field called order type)

the schedule line category is determined from item category + MRP type

In turn, item category is determined from order type + item. cat. grp + usage + higher level item cat

while answering to ur 1st query, the system always takes item category group in determining item category determination.

then, the item category group is related to only for that particular distribution chain.

But the Gen. item cat. group is related to the activities of all the distribution chain since it is maintained at cliient (basic data) level.

Hope it clears

Reward if useful..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category group from material master

A grouping of materials that the system uses to determine item categories during the processing of sales documents.

Procedure

Depending on the item category group that you apply and the sales document type you are processing, the system automatically proposes an item category in the document.

Example

In the standard system, for example, there are standard items, items that represent services (and do not require delivery processing), and items that represent packaging materials.

General item category group

Materials grouping that helps the system to determine item categories during sales document processing.

If a group is configured specific to distribution channel, it has priority if the corresponding activity is distribution channel-dependent.

Procedure

The system automatically suggests an item type in the document depending on the item category group you assign and the sales document type you are processing.

Example

In the standard system, there are normal items, items that signify services (and therefore need no delivery processing) and items that signify packing material, for example.

Thanks & Regards

Sasikanth.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amlan,

the gen item cat group talks about the material type like whether its non stock material NLAG, packaging VERP or service material.

the item cat group helps in determing the item cat at the sales order level.

for automatic Purchase req, you need to setup a source list containing the list of vendors for the required material and an info record needs to be maintained. so at the time of sales order creation for third party immediately after saving the sales order we have the PR created. Please take the help of your MM guy to understand the config better.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarkar,

1.The Item category group BANS will be usefull to determine the third party item category TAS at sales order based on that you are getting the purchase requisition.

2.The General Itemcategory group NORM will be used MM related transcations,like valuating materils.

3.You go to VOV6 trn there you can maintain the PR type in the sceduline category (you see STD category CB you can get idea)

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.T on Feb 14, 2008 8:00 AM