Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing problem with SAP B1 for HANA 9.1

cesidio_ludovisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i got a fresh installation on Sap Business One for HANA 9.1.

The installation of server components, hana db and so on was fine on LINUX side.

I installed the client on windows machine too without any problem.

Then i downloaded a full licence for HANA, installed it following the instructions in the blog  article and it installed fine on HANA Studio (i see an unexpiring license).

But now when the windows client connects to the HANA Server, it doesn't recognize the licence and it says that evaluation periodo will end in 30 days.

I don't see the license on the SAP Client.

The strange thing is that on HANA Studio and Licence Server i see differents hardware keys. Could this be a problem? And why i see different hardware keys? I should have enabled, in my fujitsu, only 1 network card.

I have another problem on the client: the analytics feature doesn't work (the system is initialized on Linux) and the ATP Control as the Cash-Flow aren't available. Could this be related to the licensing problem?

Anyone ha an idea on how to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cesidio,

HANA and B1H have different licenses. The reason that you're seeing the 30-day evaluation period is because you haven't applied for and installed B1h licenses.

And this is in turn the reason you cannot use the analytical features- they require a valid B1H license: pro or any other acceptable one.

The central note about sync between B1H and B1A is only for your info. You don't need B1A since you're using B1H.

Regards

cesidio_ludovisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi San.

thanks for the asnwer. I was just asking to clear any doubt.

I was quite sure that i didn't need the Analytics part.

Then it means that i have to get 2 license files:

-1 for the Hana Engine (and that's the one i already got and installed via Hana Studio)

-1 for Sap Business One for Hana 9.1 (that i just requested) to import on the licence server on Linux (I used the Hardware Key provided by the license server that is different from the one i got from Hana Studio, to request the license)

Am I right??

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesidio,

Yes, you're right.

Just on enote in case you didn't notice:  Please apply for licenses for "SAP Business One 9.1, version for SAP HANA", which is its full product name.

" SAP Business One" is the name for SQL.

Best

cesidio_ludovisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes San, i did it.

Thanks Again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're most welcome, Cesidio

cesidio_ludovisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi San, sorry if i bother you again, but i'm still having a problem with lincesing.

I downloaded the license for SAP B1 9.1 for SAP HANA, installed successfully on the server license but going on SAP B1 Client, i see the license but i'm not able to assign it to any user!!!

What could be the problem??? Any idea??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesidio,

Can you describe in detail the situation:

1. Do you encounter any error message?

2. Is there any special characters in the user code? e.g. Letters with umlaut, %, etc. Please try a test user code "user" and let me know.

Best

cesidio_ludovisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi San,

i solved the problem. Was a localization problem with the downloaded license file.

Now is everything ok!

Thanks anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesidio,

Thanks for the feedback and congratulations!

Best,

San

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cesidio_ludovisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have another doubt.SAP CENTRAL NOTE 2001393 says that

SAP Business One 9.1, version for SAP HANA PL0 is currently synchronized with:

• SAP Business One 9.0 & SAP Business One 9.0, version for SAP HANA patch Level 11
  • SAP HANA Platform Edition 1.0 SPS 07 Rev 74
  • SAP Business One 1.1 analytics powered by SAP HANA PL5

Ok for the first 2 points, but on the download center i've found only the

SAP Business One analytics 1.1 PL03 powered by SAP HANA

and not the PL05. Could this be another issue?