cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Type in Field Data Window in UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

While going through the documentaion 'HowTo_UDFs_88' I encounter field type as 'Identity'. But in my application (SAP B1 8.82 PL 5) I could not found this type. We have only 'Alphanumeric', 'Numeric', 'Date / Time', 'Units & Totals' and 'General'. So can any one highlight why 'Identity' type is not available in my application.

Thanks & with regards

Swapan Ganguly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close your thread by marking helpful/correct answer.

Thanks,

Kennedy

former_member184718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I gone thru 'How to UDF... 8.8' document, in that the field type Identity is mentioned.

We are using both B1 8.81 and 8.82 and in that, this Identity type is missing in the UDF type definition. It may be withdrawn after 8.8.

Thanks.

Hari

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

A numeric field to which values are assigned automatically, starting with 1, and increasing by 1 with each addition. Example

If you have 5 sales quotations, the field automatically contains the values 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for the 5 records of sales quotations. If you delete one of the sales quotations, the next sales quotation you create is assigned a unique number that was never used before (in this example, number 6).

http://scn.sap.com/thread/96657

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy

What you have written is available in the Document file that I have mentioned in my discussion. My queation was not what 'Identity' type is. My quaestion was why it is not available in my application. I think now you have understood my point.

Thanks & with regards

Swapan Ganguly