cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiCan we install SAP Business One Web Client on a server different from the main SQL Server ?

Ihsan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi
Can we install SAP Business One Web Client on a server different from the main SQL Server?
We have an SQL server connected to a gateway server through which users access SAP B1 Client as both servers are connected. Can we install Web Client as a component directly onto Gateway Server building a connection with SQL?

When I tried to do via main setup run i found no databases to connect

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nidhisingh14
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ihsan

You could install web client on another server.

For more details, please check below doument:

https://help.sap.com/doc/ceedc4fe720a4fc19a8e1fa75bdf02f7/10.0_SP_2405/en-US/ab9cf61542fb4359ae1ee7a...

Kind Regards
Nidhi

kri_ssw_it
Discoverer
0 Kudos
That document references the "SAP Business One Administrator's Guide" which says virtually nothing. Prove me wrong, but as far as I've seen the only diversification options are to install the database engine and on one server, the server components (the Web Client is a server component) on a second server, and the more complete Windows SBO Client on the terminal server or PC. Then the network administrator must manage the NAT externally. I think the Apache/Tomcat crap is so convoluted that it forces a monolithic installation process.