Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gap analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

please provide me with some gap analysis example in sap mm

not asset related

i know what is gap analysis i just need some examples of that and if possible also do let me know of some support project work responsibilitys

please also mention the work around

Edited by: Rahul Tyagi on Apr 19, 2008 8:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In SAP gap analysis is the study of the differences between two different applications like client is working on some existing system/legacy system but here SAP is new to the client.

It mainly bridges the gap b/w the legacy & new SAP environment.

It is very time consuming process, but most of the companies cann't complete these GAPS of the different applications.

So at the time of the Blue print stage we need to check in SAP whether it will fulfill the gap which links the old system & SAP.For that purpose only signoff will be taken from the client for blue print so that client should not raise any issues after the golive.

We need to study how the client business operates & how the SAP Package will not fulfill the business process of the client. For each gap we have to record & what action needs to be taken noted.These GAPs should be closed but sometimes this SAP will not suitable for that then we need to reengineer the client process further to fill the gaps.Like enhancements/development activities , interfaces. etc.

rgds

Chidanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any other scenerio !!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos