cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Leave Request Attachment Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are getting error, when ESS user try to review attached document from Leave Overview or Manager wants to see the attachment.

We have assigned all access but still doesn't get issue resolved

Attached screen shot for further reference.

Error occurs while opening the document.

Message no. HRESS_PTARQ208

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Below SAP Note will be helpful for this issue and this forum for future references.

2161268 - How to customize the Leave Request Attachment.

Cheers!!!

Khalid Bin Mohammed Al Abusani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

according to this helpful thread I managed to enable the upload function in ESS (nwbc) as well as the view function for MSS. It works fine with every file format (jpg, xls...) but NOT with pdf.

The following error occurs:

In fact document class pdf is set in TOADD with MIME type = application/pdf and pdf also works with other document types.

When I try using TA OAOH with pdf-file it works fine. Document type HRLRQATTCH has a * (star) in document class in table TOAVE but when changing this to "PDF" them problem stays the same. All formats possible but not pdf.

Any ideas to solve?

Thanks for your comments and ideas!

BR Raphael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

Can you please guide us for those same settings?

Thanx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also facing similar issue with leave request attachment.when we click on attachment button while applying leave ,we get following error.

1. As disscused above i have tried both * and PDF in view TOAVE

2.we have created a Z2 repository for HRLRQATTCH.

Please guide,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have entry in table V_T585O as follows:

We using TOAHR to store the data.

In our case, we have raised ticket to SAP.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Did you find solution for your issue?

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's resolved. There was some settings which missing on Basis side, which SAP guided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok tq...

manfred_markt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Try to use the applications configuration HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_1 instead of the old one HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ. The attachment funktionality is only in the HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_1 correkt implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THX !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malyadri,

I have 1 doubt.

The attachment is working properly in ESS & MSS.

But where is this storing in R/3.

How can we get this attachment from SAP R/3..???

Regards,

Nasmheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, can u tell the path or table name how to get the attachments from content server employee wise

Thanks,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please reply here : .

Regards,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Can you show what was the missing config or details SAP shared? I am having the same problem at my side.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

r u getting error in portal ? once can u try with other browser once like IE 8 TO 10 VERSIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried different browser but still same issue. Attachment working file, until I send the request. Before sending if I can easily open that but after sending request, it's garbled.

I think, we will raise a ticket to SAP.

Is there anything to do with Workflow? I have tried removing all the configuration steps of Archive Link and still getting same issue. Not sure, what causing that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surely nothing to do with workflows.. eventually these document id will be stored against Leave Document ID, so no matter what u do at workflow(multi level, custom, standard.. or whatever in between).. it should not matter.

have a quick check .. After sending this request from ESS. Can you close and log back in again.. and now try to access the leave request .. and see if manager can access this document.

If he can't then obviously there is some issue with either storage or linkage with leave request. You might need someone from tech team to give it a go.

We are using Renewal 1.0 FP4 and with standard workflow and configuration.. things works alright.

Cheers

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhir. At this stage, Manager and Employee gets same error message.

We found that application creates entry n PTARQ_ATTACH* table and stores document in Content repository. But when we try to open the attachment, it gives error. No Authorization or HTTP Connection error.

Currently BASIS looking into this issue and also opened message to SAP. I will update here, once it resolve here.

Regards,

Ashish

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you are getting authorization error? then you can do a ST01 trace forthis and also st12 trace it can be a certificate issue then and check below 685521 - Logon data for /sap/bc/contentserver service 1482012    ContentServer: How to check the connection to cont 595563    Database storage for ArchiveLink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our problem is not with the connection to the Content Server, but with the document format and the way the application is retrieving it.

All files are being stored in the Content Server, and can be retrieved, but they are being served back as “ASCII” files instead of “Binary” files.

Most likely this is an app issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ASHISH,

can u chk once in sm30 -- view ---TOAVE for HRLRQATTCH is it having * (star ) or PDF over there once check it and make it to PDF if it is not there ...or else its better raise to sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malyadri,

I have entry in that table as *(Star). We raised to SAP. Let's see.

Thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashish,

no... dont keep star change it to PDF and try again

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

leave request application uses the ArchiveLink functionality for attachments. So the issue is probably due the configfuration? does it work for other employees? or fails for everyone, if it fails for everyone, you need to check the configuration again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have noticed that its not finding the document type (HRLRQATTCH). Any idea, where we maintain this?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Change the config in Application Server ->Basis Services ->ArchiveLink- >Basic Customizing ->Edit Document Types and change for the document type  HRLRQATTCH to PDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still same error. We have following entry in table TWFDB_C, is this correct?

Document type   HRLRQATTCH

Description     Leave Request Attachment

Object type     PREL

Task           TS00007869

Method         CREATE

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this is the View:  TOAVE transaction code for configuring the content repository is "OAC0".

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems document doesn't get stored in content server and when we tried to retrieve, it gets failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Check your client 000 to ensure you have to document type HRLRQATTCH. Check here to ensure you got an entry.

To ensure Document type configuration is right, run transaction OAOH.

If you get error at this step. Instruct BASIS team to do the needful to get document type setup. and once that is done. You will be on your way on leave attachment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to upload the document through OAOH successfully. It gives error when I try to upload through Leave Request functionality. It's same user still get error.

One thing noticed for Content Server. If I go through SICF -> SAP -> BC -> Content Server - Service is active but when I double clicked for details, it was blank for Logon Data. Does it need to be have logon data for the client? Attached screenshot.

Regards,

Ashish

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/df/2244d37db111d3816400c04fadb9d6/content.htm http://scn.sap.com/thread/2059249 Please also refer the notes 712330,712332. looks like config issue, you can contact SAP thru BC-SRV-ARL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth. I will refer it to my basis team. Hope it will resolve soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not getting error but when we try to open the attachment, it's opening as garbage. It doesn't read file properly.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any idea, why we getting this error. I was not able to find any SAP Notes or SDN message for this.

Regards,

Ashish    

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its better to raise a ticket , I m not sure why its garbled, most likely archive link issue or content repository issue

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can activate the trace in ST05 for this user ID and check the missing authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if there is any dump in St22 for this user. Also might be from message number, try to see where is getting called and put the breakpoints there. You might figure out the issue.