cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Master Data Transfer

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could you please update me on , how to transfer the one employee master data from one company code to another company code in professional service public cloud SAP S4HANA.

Regards,

Kundan V

(+91) 8655396710

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the reply. But we want to transfer the employee data from one company code to another company with same personal external id.

Regards,

Kundan V

Katya_Malykh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

the personal external ID (the one you see on the top left side of the employee's sheet) will be stay unchanged in any case. What can be changed is employee's work agreement external ID. However, you can also prevent it, by just leaving it5 unchanged in the API.

Here is the link where both scenarios are described: https://help.sap.com/viewer/231916d697024363ab47395dd5d34b42/1908.500/en-US/1dc0de55371448ccb24ad004...

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Katya

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Amith_Nair
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi vivekkumar.singh2

In order to Change Organizational Assignment(i.e Company code in this case) of Existing Employee, it is important for you to note that the employee in question must leave at least one day of employment in the old company code so, for example, if the employee is active from 01.01.2019, he must be at least active in the old company code one day (from 01.01.2019 to 02.01.2019). Then, he can become active on the new company code on the next day 03.01.2019.

As outlined in the API documentation, creation of employees with Global Employment (GE), Concurrent Employment (CE), and Intercompany transfer is possible through the WorkforceAPI, however in general not all S/4 HANA processes support the multiple employment scenarios.

You will have to create an incident with SAP if you ever run into any issue with this context.

Back with the example:

01.01.2019 - 31.12.2019 --> In company code 1010 with cost center 10101000

01.01.2020 - 31.12.9999 --> In company code 1110 with cost center 11101101.

When an API is called with the file "test.xml"(attached). In this file, you can see a company code change is made:

-

-

-

-

TEST3

TEST3

-

TEST3

TEST3

-

079(/SHCM/EMP_PASEIN_CL)

I

Employee: - Employee Created Partially. BP sync in progress. Kindly refer to "Monitor Data Sync" Tile later.

-

TEST3

TEST3

-

079(/SHCM/EMP_PASEIN_CL)

I

Employee: - Employee Created Partially. BP sync in progress. Kindly refer to "Monitor Data Sync" Tile later.

You will get two-person work agreements. In this case, they are 50013681 and 50013702. The first work agreement is assigned to the old company code while the new person work agreement is assigned to the new one. You will need to use this new person work agreement for the scope item 3D2 as it belongs to the right company code.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Amit Nair

Vivek0459
Participant
0 Kudos

amiths.nair2 thanks for your detailed explanation , just wanted to know have you checked BP of this employee , in my case BP is not extending to new company code hence unable to make financial posting of this employee on new company code.

Vivek0459
Participant
0 Kudos

Employee Transfer Payload also attached

Vivek0459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amiths.nair2 and ferasbasha3 ,

Please find attached payload and test result , i used same payload as of yours but my BP is not getting extended to new company code hence at time of final financial posting it got stuck of this .

Thanks

Vivek Singh

ana_goncalves
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi kundan_v,

We haven't received any feedback from you for a few weeks. If the feedback provided has been helpful, please mark a best answer. Otherwise, let us know whether you need further clarification.

Kind regards,

Ana

ana_goncalves
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi kundan_v,

In case of transfer, you can update the employee's company code either by using the employee replication from SuccessFactors in case you have this integration in place, or through API Replicate Basic Master Data for Workforce from External HR Systems (see here: https://api.sap.com/api/WORKFORCEPERSONMASTERDATAREPLI/overview). For more information on how to change the Company Code via API, please take a look at the great blog posted by katerynamalykh: https://s4hanacloud.community.sap/groups/HzKQzw50FoTkrVY08r6iC1/documents/P7kSE1BWp2umsQCQcFrF61/sli...

If you're currently using app "Import Employees" to create employees in the system, please be aware that this app will not work for termination and rehiring of employment for employees. Multiple Records with different values for data using time dependency are not allowed in this template.

Kind regards,

Ana

Vivek0459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP floks,

Has anyone tried above marked best answer , because as per link provided API is not performing the way it should . I am unable to transfer employee from one company code to another company code.

If anyone tried please share some tried and tested payload , i dont want employee code displayed on top left corner of screen unchanged.

Thanks

Vivek Singh

Feras_Al-Basha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Viveksingh0459,

A company code change for an existing employee is supported if your are using the public API. Below please see point number four & five (that contains sample payload) for further information on replicating workforce master data from an external HR system to S4HC. This is inline with katerynamalykh 's blog.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2905918

https://s4hanacloud.community.sap/groups/HzKQzw50FoTkrVY08r6iC1/documents/P7kSE1BWp2umsQCQcFrF61/sli...

Hope this helps.

Feras

Vivek0459
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ferasbasha3 ,

If you go and check point 4 of below note it says , change of company code is possible but API response is not same as mentioned also transfer is visible in employee fact sheet but BP sync fails to sync with new personnel number. How to delete this obsolete personnel number there is an app "Destruction of Personnel Number - After BP archive" that is also not working because i assume it will work only after BP is archieved.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2905918

Also katerynamalykh 's blog i think example of there is obsolete with some update in API that example itself fails in API.

I will really appreciate If there is some working example "payload" which works for transfer of employees then it will be very helpful to me i have already tried API Business Hub documentation's example but API does not give any error and change if employee is very much visible on employee fact sheet but BP sync fails to sync new personnel number in BP, attached test result from my end.

BR,

Vivek Singh

Feras_Al-Basha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi vivekkumar.singh2 ,

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the failure of BP sync, yes, there are steps and configuration that may need to take place as a part of information lifecycle management (ILM policies). Please find the below note that covers the steps from an E2E perspective.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002922814

I am checking with colleagues internally regarding a recent working payload example of a transfer.

Kind regards,

Feras