cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Centre is BLOCKED against revenue postings on 01.04.2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I am getting this below error while reversing one document in FB08.

Cost Centre is BLOCKED against revenue postings on 01.04.2013

How this is possible that I am getting this error while reversing ? Ideally I should get this error while posting any revenue document in system... and If I am using this cost centre.....

Can anybody please tell me logic behind this ?

Regards,

Sharu....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvari,

The reason you get the error is:

- When you post document 100009342, the Actual Revenue is unticked (Control tab of Cost center master data)

- When you reverse document, the Actual Revenue is changed to ticked.

So, the solution is:

Go to Tcode KS02, fill your cost center DE03JSU005, go to tab Control, and untick on Actual revenues check box.

Then, go to FB08 and reverse document as normal.

Julie

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu,

It is due to cost center master data ,where actual revenue posting check box got locked for revenue postings. At the time of initial entry revenue postings against cost center, that check box is not locked for revenue postings.

I do agree with revenue postings against cost centers are statistical.

Regards

Mani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani & All,

I got the error solution from you all. Thanks for that.

One more question : Why do we post revenue entries to Cost Centre ? What reason behind this ?

Regards,

Sharu....

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sharu,

Booking revenue to Cost center is nothing but statistical posting hence this will not post in real and will not effect in our books of accounts. This is only for reporting purpose hence you can't settle this amount.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Revenue posting against cost is always for information and analysis purpose that too based on client requirement. In normal case, we block revenue against cost centers.

BR, Srinivas Salpala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above, if you switch off Actual postings under control tab of Cost center master data, revenues can be posted in cost centers.

Also, aware revenue posting against cost centers only statistical and can't be booked in accounts but you can see the same in reports for information purpose. Even you can't settle revenue values as it is statistical.

BR, Srinivas Salpala

former_member313549
Participant
0 Kudos

Please look at the change history for lock indicators under control tab of the cost center. The only plausible explanation is that the actual revenues indicator was unchecked when the original document was posted but got changed later.