cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing operation colors on DS planning board as per setup group (S4hana PPDS)?

PrakashD1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In the resource chart of the DS planning board, I want to schedule operations related to 6 different materials. In the routing steps of these materials I have assigned setup groups named 01Blue, 02Red, and 03Green (2 materials per setup group). Now during scheduling I want the operations related to the 2 materials with 01Blue setup group to appear blue, the next 2 with 02Red as Red and the 2 materials with 03Green setup group to appear green. But I can't figure out how to do this. So far this is my progress:

1. PDS with the setup groups CIFd to PPDS (setup groups are visible for the operations)

2. Created Planning board profile by copying another one:

2. Chose the resource chart in the 'Chart' folder:

3. Went to the decision table for graphical object folder. Created below 3 rules there:

The 3 objects created for this are DEMO_OP1 to 3 of typ '-Op' in Graphical Object folder:

Within Object I have assigned the relevant colors as well:

But I still don't see colours for different materials in the resource chart. Could you please guide me on how to proceed from here?

Thank You!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sasi2005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Based on what I am seeing in the above, is the conditions what you have given is not being fulfilled and if i am not wrong its choosing Decision group1 and Decision step 99 i.e. colours related to OPR_DEF_1 is currently being populated. My suggestion would be change that step to say Decision group1 Decision step 99 then Decision group 10 and in decision group 10 add your steps related to setup group.

If you already have decision group 10 then add a new one say 15.. and point these steps to that as I dont have full visibility of the list of groups.

This should work ideally.

Its currently picking up decision group1 and step 99 as its a new planned order which is not fixed or confirmed or deallocated or has a sequence dependent setup activity . It doesn't go and check what is the setup group in the planned order. I hope all your planned orders have setup groups (please check).

I hope this helps.

Regards

Sasi

PrakashD1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sasi,

Thanks for your help! The issue is resolved now. It was using object OPR_DEF_DY_1 instead of OPR_DEF_1. This was the root cause.

Regards,

Divya Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sasi2005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I see you have opened you questions, for the same topic. I see your logic is incorrect. You have created a new decision group called decision group 10 , and have directly assigned a particular object id viz.. Demo_Op1, Demo_OP2, Demo_Op3.. etc. Ideally you should do this against all the relevant decision groups. The reason is every decision group is giving a particular scenario. e.g. in decision group 2 the logic is for the behaviour with reference to fixed operations, in decision group 3 its with reference to deallocated operation. You should analyse all the relevant scenarios and update the logic pointing to the object in the relevant decision groups to get the result which you are looking for.

In your scenario, if I am correct its pointing out to the object "OPR_DEF_1", which is default object for a standard planned order. i.e. in decision group 1 the decision step 99 ( if you are using the standard profile SAP001), I suppose you might have copied this profile and created your own, and in case you want the decision group10 to be triggered for this case, then you need to point the decision group 1 decision step99 to decision group 10 and then apply the logic which needs to be triggered.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Sasi

PrakashD1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sasi,

Thanks for your comment. I think I now understand how the table works, but still unable to get the results. To simplify things I removed the separate decision group and added all three conditions in decision group 1. Following has been done:

1. New graphic objects created as copy of 'OPR_DEF_1' (only colors changed for setup and processing activities -red,blue,green)

2. The logic added to decision group 1 to simplify things (it wasn't working with group 10 either)

Your expert advice would be very helpful in pointing out where exactly I am going wrong.

Thank You!