cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Currency in Billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I change the currency on the billing document?

if I created a sales order with USD currency, at the time of billing, can I change the currency to some other currency? where do we config this if possible?

Regards,

Asad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Change the currency in billing document, the options are as under:

1. In copy control from sales order to billing document or delivery document to billing document maintain Pricing Type as 'B' i.e carry out new pricing. You additionally require to maintain Condition record with Billing Type as a combination in field & having higher precedence to the access maintained at sales order type. This should in high possiblility work fine. This is not an tested scenario, so you will get to know of its result in testing.

2. When Billing Document is created, a user exit is called to convert the currency through appropriate coding by abaper (based on logic provuded). However, in this you may be able to limit the currency conversion only to one currency.

Hopefully this opens the possiblity of solution for your query. There is no straight solution, but certainly possible with such workarounds through standard / abap coding.

Regards,

Rahesh Banka

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

hai,

u cannt change the currency at invoice level as the above two of them said u need to do at order level go to va02 header data -sales tab maintain the currency requried and proced ot invoice.

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

you can not change the currency in a billing document. you can only change the doc currency

(1)In a sales order Header Data--sales tab but before billing since delivery do not have condition data.But system will carry out new pricing & exchange rate will be redetermined & you will have to enter the conditions again(if condition records are not maintained in both currencies)

(2)In Customer MasterSales Area DataCurrency tab before sales order creation.

Reward if helpful

regards

vikas chhabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asad,

Document currency can only be altered at the Sales order level. It cannot be done at the invoice level.

The system proposes the document currency from the customer master record of the sold-to party. You can change the currency manually in the document. If you change the currency, the system recalculates prices for the entire document.

The changes you make in the document currency at the order level will automatically effect while creating invoice even though PGI has already been carried out.

This change will not happen once invoice has been created and saved. Therefore if you want to change the document currency at the invoice level.........you have to go back to VA02 and change the document currency at the order level which will effect when you create a new invoice.

<b>Reward points if helps</b>

Regards

Sai