Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS View I_CalendarDate - Hierarchy

surajyadavtokas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm accessing my ABAP CDS Query View via a S/4 Hana Live Connection . where I defined an association to the SAP standard calendar view "I_CalendarDate". I've added all the fields coming with this I_CalendarDate view to my Cube and Query view.

I'm not able to see the hierarchy in RSRT. Does anyone of you know, how to activate the time hierarchy

RSRT

Regards

Suraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

filipn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Not really sure what do you mean by "Time Hierarchy". Can you explain it in more details?

If you want to have ability to switch hierarchy on in RSRT or in any other analytical engine, you have to create hierarchical cds views including a proper annotation. You can get inspiration in standard cds views:

• I_ProfitCenterHierarchy
  • I_ProfitCenterHierarchyNode
  • I_ProfitCenterHierarchyNodeT

Also you should have a table like HRRP_NODE where you will mention who is parent, who child and from where your CDS views will read data from. Also someone usually has to maintain that hierarchical structure. Who will do it and how? We have Fiori app for this purpose: Manage Global Accounting Hierarchies , but it won't most likely support your own type of hierarchy.

Regards,

Filip

surajyadavtokas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi filipn,

I want to see and use this CDS View with its hierarchy Year--> Quarter --> Month -->...Day