thanks in adv

rgds

sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Base line date determines the deadline for cash discount and also the due date for payment.U r document date will baseline date.From this date TOP will be applicable

For example according to Terms of payment if customer pays within 14 days he will get 10% Cash discount.Lets say doc date is 19 then from 19 to next 14 days customer can avail cash discount and after 2 of next month it will be due for payment.Here 19th is base line date

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As already conveyed by other replies

Baseline date is the starting date of Credit period.

Credit period is mentioned in terms of payment.

Baseline date can be defaulted as vendor invoice date, posting date, entry date or user will enter the baseline date while making LIV or invoice processing.

value date is relevant for calculation of bank interest. value date is the date when bank clears the payment or receipt.

• REWARD POINT IF FOUND FRUITFUL

thanks

S AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srilatha,

In simple terms:

Baseline date: On which date you are going to calculate your due date for payment.

Due date: Actual date when you should give payment

Value date: When you actually paid using bank (for cash management purpose).

Let me explain you with one example.

I have a payment term T015. And I configure this as due in 15 days. And I select my baseline date as document date.

If you post an invoice on document date as 10.06.07, then this is going to my baseline date. And my due date will be 25.06.2007 (15 days from 10.06.07).

And if I pay this amount 30.06.07, this is the value date for payment. (Actually value date having various meanings in various instances)

Think this will clear your doubt.

Please assign points if useful.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srilatha,

Baseline date- Date from which the terms of payment apply. The baseline date for payment is the basis for determining the permitted cash discount amount or when an invoice is due. You enter the baseline date for payment in the field Baseline date.For each payment term you define, you must specify a rule by which the system is to determine the baseline date.

This rule consists of:

A default value for the baseline date

Further specifications for calculating the date

============================================================

Value date-The date from which a business transaction is reflected in the interest statement.The value date for a posting is based on the value type and the posting date. As a default, the posting date and the value date are the same. If, however, a method with the method type 04 exists for the value type, it is called to determine the value date.

===========================================================

Due date is the date by which a payment is due.

Hope I had been able to help you. Please assign points.

Rgds

Manish