Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add HOURS on Service Order

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know the configuration needed to be able to add hours and their rate to service order so that field personnel can add correct hrs for a service. I need to know end to end configuration needed to achieve this. Can anyone please help me ?

I would appreciate your suggestions and answers.

Regards,

Ron

Service Order, IW31, Hours.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody ? ? ?

Any help with documentation, reading material etc...

Thanks !!

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried to find some documentation and saw this [Data Transfer to Plant Maintenance/Customer Service (PM/CS)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/7e/463584fed411d1952200a0c93033d8/frameset.htm]

It looks like from SAP independant application -time sheet you can transfer the data to CS.

You can explore the link for more details.

Regards

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your responses.

I just want to enable use of HOURS on service orders. Until now service personnel never added hours on a service order. I want to know all the config needed, master data to be maintained and steps on how to add hrs in service order as a user.

Can you please walk me thru this.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards,

Ron

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your responses. I have some confusion here...

I have a work center defined. Do I need to create new activity type for adding HOURS and assign it ?

And how do all these things connect, work center > activity type> cost elements assignment --> hrs ... so that everything flows smoothly and gets settled.

Thanks again !

Ron

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me with this ?

I want to know how to create an activity type and assign it to work center and then list it in operations and then create a price for each activity types so that the user just enters hours spent and system calculates the cost incurred on this service. And steps on how to add hours on a service order.

I would really appreciate your suggestions !!

Any other links to find documentation / material for service mgmt ?

Thanks again !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Not too clear on the process that you are looking for, but if you want further reference materials on Service Mgt, you can refer to materials from this site: http://help.sap.com/bp_serv603/ServInd_US/html/index.htm

To create an Activity Type, you can define it in KL01. Thereafter, for the Cost Center and Activity Type for a given period, you can define the Fixed Price in KP26.

As for work center, define first your work center category using OP40 and thereafter define your default work center for a given Plant by assigning the work center category previously created in OP42.

Thanks.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Step 1:

For the configuration setting for maintaining the operation hours Goto IA05. That is you create a group under which you have the list of operations and their hours.

Step 2:

Now in order to assign this list of operations and their hours (that is the GROUP created in the previous step), to your material Goto OISD and assign the Group to your material accordingly.

Transaction:

During the transasction the Service Technician needs to go to the Tcode IW41 to confirm the hours spent on a particular operation against the estimated hours for an operation maintained in the Configs as mentioned above.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ron,

Which you can see the Default hours in Service Order is coming form the General Task List,which you have defined for your Material.

Anywayz you can have a option to change the Hours in Service order in Operation Tab.

Best regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

I assume this is time & material service that you are performing and that you require for the hours to be recorded for the service Order.. (correct me if i am wrong).

1. Firstly, I assumed you already have created a Service Notification for the service that the customer wants to procure from your company.

2. Then, you can generate a Service Order wrt to the Service Notification created.

3. From the Service Order created, add a Partner to it in the Order Header, (i.e. the Employee ID who is keying in the hours for the service).

4. Then, what you can do is do a Time Recording of the hours via tcode CAT2 (using the Employee ID you entered earlier) and in the Item, key in the Service Order number and record the hours per day.

5. Alternatively, you can also record the hours (if any change in the agreed hours) using IW41. This will update the Actual hours for the Service Order as a whole.

6. If any additional materials is used for the service (i assume you have keyed in the component in ther service Order under Operations tab), then you can do a material confirmation using MB11.

7. Then perform a Resource-related Billing request for the Service Order (and per line item) using DP90.

8. Other closing part is to perform a billing (via VF04) for the service provided and and then closing the Service Order (when completed) using IW32.

In this way, I believe the relevant steps that you could consider is Step 4 or 5 to confirm your actual hours for the service order.

Thnks.