cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Act 32- Local Earned Income Tax for January 2012 - Pennsylvania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Act 32's objective is to consolidate the collection of the local earned income tax. This Act is reducing the number of local EIT collectors from 560 to 69 and standardizing forms and definitions. Under this ACT each of the 69 Pennsylvania counties will have one designated local EIT collector.

Are there any PA employers already researching / working on this?

Have SAP delivered any documentation(s) / notes related to this? What system configuration will be needed to meet this legal requirement?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

felipegrandi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding this topic please also follow the thread below. We are going to update information there as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Felipe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is Kathy from BSI Support. I wanted to let you know that we at BSI are working on these requirements and have already implemented some of the Early Adopter authorities. The updates are being distributed to our customers through regulatory bulletins.

I don't believe that any system configuration changes are necessary. You will simply need to apply our BSI TaxFactory Regulatory bulletins as they are released. The regulatory bulletin cover pages will let you kinow what authoritites are being changed.

Please feel free to contact us directly either by email or phone. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

Regards,

BSI Support - Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kathy, will you please look at my question re; the problem we are having with installing BSI Version 9.0?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is Kathy from BSI Support. I did not see any quesitons relating to problems with your upgrade to BSI TaxFactory 9.0. In addition, I am not able to identify your name or company information from this thread. If you would email us directly at Support, we would be happy to assist you with your BSI TaxFactory 9.0 upgrade questions.

Regards,

BSI Support - Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Act 32 affects all PA resident employees and every PA employer with employees. I am understanding you to say there will not be any system configuration needed (SAP) ?

I see there are a few employers ie,,, Chester County employers have already adopted this. What SAP configurtaion changes are needed to comply with this?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

This is Kathy from BSI Support. As far as I know, the Act 32 changes will not require any system configuration on the SAP side, other than applying the SAP transports that relate to our regulatory bulletins. It would, however, be a good idea to check directly with SAP. As I had mentioned previously, we have already issued regulatory bulletins for some of the Early Adopters of this act. As we get closer to the end of the year, you will see more upodates in our regulatory bulletin cover pages.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

BSI Support - Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kathy,,, what bulletin # specifically pertain to Early Adoption ie,,,, Counties / Employers adopting this early prior to 2012?

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

Our BSI TaxFactory regulatory bulletin #198 contained several of these early adopter authorities. The cover page for this regulatory bulletin is available for you to review on our website after you log into the secure portal.

Regards,

BSI Support - Kathy