Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABZU - Write up the depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a issue with Write up .

We noitce that Our one of the asset is getting depreciated fully  in period and when we looked into it we found that Its Over depreciated last as we posted Unplanned depreciation .

Now in period do we posted ABZU after depreciation run . BUt I can see that whole amount getting depreciatiing next month

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me if the write up of the Asset is done through ABZU T-Code the Asset Value will increase. Now if the Asset Value is increased then the system will start to post depreciation as per the depreciation key assigned to it. Can you please share the screen shot of the Write up document and the Asset Explorer and the Depreciation key assigned to the asset. As normal logic is the Write up is actually NBV of assets and so correct depreciation should be posted. So according to you the 250$ Depreciation should be posted from you example each year.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar ,

Pleae see below

Aw01n Planned or posted Depreciation

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Yes, system is behaving correctly. When you writeup the depreciation, the NBV of the asset get increased. So it will calculate it in the next month. If you do not want to depreciation posting for it then change the depreciation key as 0000 for the asset.

Regards,
Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mukthar,

I want to depreciate the asset but according to the depreciation key. not the complete write up amount in next  month . I agree the Write up amount wil increase the net book value which  we wanted but we want to depreciated that amount over remaining useful life. like in 2 years

so I wrote up £500  I want that amount to depreciate over 2 year which is remaing useful life of asset .

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Does the asset have a balance before write up? And how system is posting the depreciation as per depreciation key? However, you have to create a sub asset and after write up you can transfer the amount to this asset.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar ,

We transfer amount wrongly posted to asset after that some how tehre was no Banlance on asset when we look found tha we need to write  up depreciation . we did write up . WE ARE NOT USING SUBNUMBERS OF ASSETS

AND business will not be happy with tah

I wonder why system is not trating write as remaining value.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned the depreciation key based on the asset useful life. If yes, then as you said the balance is over means the useful life is ends, due to this the whole amount got reversed in next month.

Regards,
Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My depreciation key is on the basis of usefule but Asst has remainng uselife 1.5 years. So the value i wrote up last period should get depreciated in 1.5 year rather than reverse in next period,

may be My understanding is wrong.