Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottBulloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Issue

During activation of SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA (for USA), tax rates/codes are not loaded. When you attempt to execute the Define Tax Codes for Sales and Purchases SSCUI, no tax rates/codes are displayed (see screenshots below).

Solution

Normally, when you activate the solution, an automated job runs to load the tax rates. Additionally, when customers add new tax rates by jurisdiction for internal US taxes, the changes are updated in a transport that you must load.

To load US tax rates, execute the Import Tax Codes After Transport SSCUI.

Use the following parameters:

Transport Number: <select from possible entries>

NOTE

You must execute the app for every transport.

After you execute the app, you can use the Define Tax Codes for Sales and Purchases SSCUI to display the rates (see screenshots below).

6 Comments
Lucian
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Scott,

This is mentioned in the setup guide published in the SAP Activate Roadmap.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/SAP_Activate/S4H_384%20Setup%20of%20Internal%20Tax%20Jurisd...

Is this step required also after using : Upload tax rates app in Q too or what is different ?

The guide mentions only to activate the values after the transport is imported in P.

Regards,

Lucian

ScottBulloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucian,

From my colleague Stewart Emore:

There is a step in the activation that runs this step in starter and Q systems for internal taxes.

The blog posting provides complementary information. In some cases, the activation step may have failed, so the app can be run to load tax rates. Also, if customers are using internal taxes, the app will need to be run after new tax rates have been entered. While the app is included in the Roadmap, customers sometimes forget to do it then create tickets because the new rates are not appearing in production.

Another situation where it would be needed is if a tax procedure was changed which is not recommended for customer but happens on internal test systems.

Best regards,

Scott

Lucian
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for the clarification Scott .

I thought something has changed in the process.

Regards,

Lucian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

TDT is now also active for Italy and I was able to create new tax codes in Q. They were transported into P but without percentaces. I tried to use the same functionality for Italy but I receive an error saying it is only available for US.

Do you know if there is any other way to import percentages?

Thank you

sihagen
0 Kudos

Hello,

we got another problem here.

If we try to import the tax codes via "Import Tax Codes After Transport" and select US, we got no entries to select. Only german tax code entries can be found.

Do wen need to export the bc from Q while in local version US for this or are we occurng a bug?

Can someone help here?

Thanks id avdnace.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Lucian
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

did you close the configuration sprint in Q ?

The values maintained in Q are assigned to the transport associated to the change project and should be visible in P once the Q2P process is triggered.

Regards,

Lucian