Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

As the Q1 due date in April 30th, this blog is not updated anymore. The blog for 2022 has been created, if you have any question, please post there.

Another Year with our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End blog. If you have questions about 2021 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2021 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

Year End notes

3082167 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement 
3085142 - Year End 2021 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You can just apply this note via Support Package
3082151 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2021
3100510 - Year End 2021 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3100510, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3120702 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3100510)
3132965 - Year End 2021 phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3134256, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3134256 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3132965).
3123716 - TR: Short dump when generating a Form W-2 that reports a 3-Digit Tax Type
3135634 - TR: Eugene Tax Type 106 not processed into Third party for W2 (FED) TemSe file
3136264 - TR: multiple blank output W-2 form pages for New Jersey employees
3138406 - TR: Year End 2021 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3138997 - TR: Q4/2021 changes for OH ICESA file format
3138872 - Tax Year is missing on W2 form for USERRA
3143778 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Detroit
3140277 - TR: W-2 PR 21 not printing the employer phone field
3144794 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Grand Rapids.

Additional notes

2464161 - TR: W-2 User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter
2464078 - TR: 1099-R User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter

Correction notes

3118379 - TAX: RPCALCU0 ignoring tip income after SAP Note 3054328
3118875 - RPCALCU0: technical changes regarding performance for TaxFactory SaaS
3099278 - SAP GUI F4 Amodal control : Search help Internal error table format.

KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)

2480185 - TR: Tax Reporter - Online W-2 Enhancement Video
3081097 - KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles) for Payroll USA
3124528 - W-4 Legacy Data – Changes in IT0210

ASUG Webcast: HCM U.S. Payroll and Tax Reporting 2021 Year End Update

• ASUG webcast was concluded on October 7, 2021.

• Recording and slide deck for the ASUG webcast can be found here.

• Slide deck is also attached to the SAP Note 3082167 – U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement.

Limits for 2022

3079731 - BEN: Limits for HSA in Tax Year 2022
3117309 - BEN: Annual limits year 2022
3136963 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2022.

Kind regards,
Graziela
388 Comments
KDixon
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We see that SAP Note 3136613 has been released stating that BSI has decided to reinstate tax type 113 and 114.  Do we know what BSI regulatory bulletin/TUB this will be delivered in?

We are currently at BSI bulletin/TUB level 64 and are holding off on applying current BSI bulletins/TUBs until the reinstatement of the tax types 113 and 114 are delivered.

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Regards,

Kelli Dixon
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Kelli,

BSI confirmed that the Tax Types 113 and 114 will be reinstated on Regulatory Bulletin 73, released on January, 19th.

Thank you,
Carlos
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Kelli,

I think it was Carlos who responded to this same question earlier, though I can't now find the actual response. He said that the reinstatement of tax types 113/114 would be in TUB 073 and that is scheduled to be released on January 19th.

Cheers,
Matt
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Ah, you're faster than me! 🙂
KDixon
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I am surprised and concerned that BSI is releasing the update so late in the month.

As I state in my comment above, we are currently on BSI Bulletin/TUB 64, therefore have not applied the BSI Bulletin that delivers the OASI max or the BSI Bulletin that delivers the 2022 Federal Tax Tables.  So we are not in compliance with the Feds right now.

BUT if we were to apply up through BSI Bulletin/TUB 72, we would not be in compliance with taking the WA Cares Fund tax.

Regards,

Kelli

KDixon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dup

CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Darci,

Thank you for the information.

This scenario is being reviewed by the development team.
As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Thank you,
Carlos
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I think the state of the law is currently unclear, pending a decision by the state legislature next week. It has to do with whether or not the governor had the authority to tell employers to stop collecting the premiums or not. For this reason, at the moment some employers are electing to collect the premiums, and some are not. Mine is not, so we have the taxes disabled in our tax model. And, we are waiting for 73 to become available next week before we move the latest TUBs in. We did need some of those TUBs, not only for the Federal withholding changes, but also for the latest PFML rate changes, but as the PFML change already came far too late, we handled that with an override in BTXRATE.

The main thing that getting TUB 73 in will do is enable you to have a choice about whether you withhold premiums or not (via the tax model), whereas if you put 70 in the choice will not be there -- you won't be withholding.

We plan to move 70, 71, 72, and 73 in after 73 is released, at which point we'll remove our PFML override from BTXRATE, but continue to control WA Cares premiums via the tax model until we get a determination from the legislature and our legal office. As for the Federal withholding rate change, the actual rates didn't change, but the wage brackets expanded higher, so the net result is that some employees may see a reduction in their withholding once 71 is put into place. That should retro back to the beginning of the year, meaning employees will get a one-time bump in take-home pay, rather than a one-time smaller take-home check. They're less likely to complain about that!
KDixon
Explorer
Hi Matt,

Yes there is some confusion, though in the Governors statement on 12/23/2021, the state of Washington is following the law and will have to begin collecting money from state employee paychecks as of January 1st.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi community,

Blog updated with notes:
3135634 - TR: Eugene Tax Type 106 not processed into Third party for W2 (FED) TemSe file
3136264 - TR: multiple blank output W-2 form pages for New Jersey employees

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi community,

Blog updated with note:

3138406 – TR: Year End 2021 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello community,

Blog has been updated with SAP note:

3138997 - TR: Q4/2021 changes for OH ICESA file format

Kind regards,
Graziela

former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Mani & Graziela,

Is there any ETA for PR W2C Magnetic Tape changes? when do we expect the note to release?

Thanks

Gayathri
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Gayathri,

I have updated the blog yesterday with note:
3138406 – TR: Year End 2021 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.

Magnetic/Electronic Filing for Form W-2C Puerto Rico

The W-2C MMREF-2 Federal Format for Puerto Rico (HR_F_MMREF_2_PR) electronic file was updated in accordance with the new layout provided by the authority:

• In Record SU:

• Position 236 (Contact E-Mail/Internet) updated taking from field EMAI.

Kind regards,
Graziela

former_member271521
Participant
Thank You Graziela.

Gayathri
eraykocaman
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We generated the file and tried to upload to the agency website. At first it said missing the  name , phone and email address – so we added these. Then it said it was an invalid file layout. Do you want me to raise an incident?

Thanks

Euna
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

Can anyone suggest what needs to be checked for "SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoa pExceptionTransport : HTTP se.." after every ADS connection check is successful?

Regards,
Euna
davidadams
Explorer
Take a look at ABAP section in Note 944221 - Troubleshooting if problems occur in forms processing
eraykocaman
Explorer
0 Kudos
I got the file to load the leading top line is the issue – spaces instead of blanks when it comes to adding submitter, phone number and email address – so good there but not sure it is something SAP needs to fix.
Euna
Participant
0 Kudos
Did that. Passed all the check with flying colors. Makes it even more frustrating... , but Thank you for the response, David.

Regards,

Euna
davidadams
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would be glad to try and help you resolve this, but it is tough given the very limited information you have provided.  I think if you would take time to post answers to these questions, it might even help you solve this yourself.

1. What steps are being processed to create this repetitive error, and where are you seeing it in a spool?
  2. What system are you performing these tests in?  DEV?  QAS?  PRD?
  3. Are you running the utilities in the same system that you are getting the error in?
  4. Did you actually print the test adobe form from the note I gave you or did you just run the step.

If the issue is in Tax Reporter then have you made sure your configuration is pointing to an appropriate printer set up for Post Script?

davidadams
Explorer
0 Kudos
Additional information I found from past issues.

The Device Type names that you have provided are not listed in the SAP Central Note for Printers/device Types

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/8928

However, you can again re-check this note with your printer model and check what suitable device types should be used. As you will find inthis note:

"Device type definitions are stored completely in tables and can be individually adapted, modified or enhanced. If SAP performs such an adjustment for a customer, it constitutes a consulting service, and is generally charged seperately"

SAP has now released the SAP Printer Vendor Program - https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1130927, printer manufacturers can develop and release device types for their printers.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1100779 contains a list of all participants

Information about the support for new printer models is contained in the "Printer Vendor Wizard Note" of the relevant manufacturer. A complete list of all "Printer Vendor Wizard Notes" is available in Note 1097990. If your printer model is not listed in one of these "Printer Vendor Wizard Notes", proceed as described in Note 1103826.
NWL
Explorer
Tub 73 is now available. WASHINGTON WA CARES FUND LTC  taxes have been reinstated.
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

We applied TUB 70 till 73 in BSI. Upon running the sync tool in SAP, iam getting this error message which is attached below. Can i add this entry in T5UTX for Washington tax type 33? Please take a look and kindly do the needful.

ERROR MESSAGE

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Hemanth,

I already replied your question:
ISSUE WITH TUB 73 | SAP Community

Kind regards,
Graziela
Theresa_W
Explorer
0 Kudos
Has anyone else run into an ADS error in the tax reporter log manager?  Any ideas for correction are appreciated.  I checked with Basis team and all tests are working correctly.   thank you.

Type

@5C\QError@
Message Text ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.Proc essingException: org.omg.CORB
id: SUN minor code: 2 completed: No(200,101).
Euna
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi David,

Sorry for the delayed response. It's been just hectic with everything.

We ended up with restarting ADS system and it fixed the issue.

Thank you so much for all the info.

Regards,

Euna
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

I just got this error too, and I noticed that quite a few customers mentioned earlier in this thread having this problem (it is occurring for both tax types 33 and 43). Unfortunately, Note 2550829 seems to be out-of-date. For one thing, the Sync Tool no longer includes "Effective Dates," so everyone is doing "Option 3" all the time with every sync anyway, yet the problem persists. For another, T5UTX cannot be edited directly in SM30, the maintenance view V_T5UTX has to be used instead, so the Note should probably reflect that. And, finally, there should probably be some guidance as to how to properly edit T5UTX, because it's not always clear whether a line should be deleted entirely, have its start date edited (which causes weird artifacts and new rows to be inserted), etc.

Since so many customers are experiencing this same error, many for the first time after years of problem-free syncs from prior TUBs, it would be helpful if we could see exactly what V_T5UTX for WA 033 and 043 is supposed to look like, since that is the one that seems to be hanging almost everyone up. Or, perhaps this needs to be escalated to BSI, so that they issue a "fix" in the next TUB?

This is what the error looks like for me:

Initial error message

And what the sync tool tried to insert:

Sync Tool inserts

And what the table looks like before the sync attempt (and after, since it fails):

V_T5UTX WA 033-043 overlaps

It's easy to see the incorrect overlaps in 033 and 043 between 1/1/2011-12/31/2018, 1/1/2019-12/31/2019, and 1/1/2011-12/31/9999. I'm assuming that final row end-dated 12/31/9999 should have had a start date of 1/1/2020? But just directly editing that row to change the start date seems to do some weird things. And, since we all have pretty much the same error, this was clearly delivered as a bug by BSI.

Therefore, I think it would be worthwhile for a Note specific to this WA 033/043 overlap error to be issued with clear, precise instructions on what to do here, since it affects every Washington customer. And, in the short term, what should these tax types look like before we sync the latest TUBs? (For reference, my starting point here is on TUB 066, and I'm trying to apply/sync TUBs 067-073).

Cheers,
Matt
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Matt,

I would delete the last entry with the dates:
01.01.2011 and 12.31.9999 for both entries WA tax type 33 and tax type 43.

After this the Sync tool will be able to update the table accordingly.

Could you try it and let me know?

Cheers,
Graziela

Euna
Participant
it did work for me.

Regards,

Euna

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Thank you Graziela, that worked! I believe it looks correct now:

Correct T5UTX WA 033/043

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thank you, Euna! I will create a KBA for this specific scenario.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
I have updated KBA 2550829.

Kind regards,
Graziela
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Theresa,

We did not encounter this, but one or two other customers reported the same or a similar ADS error earlier in this thread. Based upon their comments, the solution was simple: restart the ADS.

Cheers,
Matt
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Darci,

This issue has been addressed by SAP Note 3138872 - Tax Year is missing on W2 form for USERRA.
Please apply it on your system and then retest the scenario.

Best Regards,
Carlos
Theresa_W
Explorer
Hi Matt; that worked!  thank you.

Theresa
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Community,

This week BSI has released Regulatory Bulletin 73, which reinstated Tax Types 113 and 114 for the Washington Cares Fund.
Upon the installation of this Regulatory Bulletin on your system and the inclusion of these Tax Types on the Tax Model, the taxes should be calculated with no issue.

SAP Note 3136513 (BSI: WA cares fund tax updated for tax types 113 and 114) has also been updated with this information.

Sincerely thanks,
Carlos
former_member786899
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela/Carlos/Matt,

Firstly thank you for all your help/contributions. we are facing this below issue.

As part of uploading 1099 MISC and NEC data to IRS, to create DME files as per latest 2021 updates of IRS from report RFIDYYWT, we were asked to apply notes 3095180 and 3125141.

Note 3095180 was implemented successfully, but while doing DMEE file uploads as per note 3125141, we are getting below errors:

"Error in node LOB Code: source field IDWTPARTNER-US_1042_LOB does not exist" for IDWTFILE_US_1042

"Error in node 3E amount: source field IDWTPARTNER-US_1099INT_BOND_PRM does not exist" for IDWTFILE_US_1099INT

Any information on this would be of great help.

Regards,

Ram

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ram,

I´m glad to help. 🙂

Form 1099 MiSC is for FI and not related to HCM Tax Reporter.
So I don´t have knowledge on this form.

Maybe you can use the FI tag and post in some related FI community.

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member786899
Discoverer
Thank you Graziela for your quick response. I did post it in FI community 🙂

Regards,

Ram
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Just a quick note, Sridhar, that I applied Note 3125141 to our DEV system yesterday and did not encounter any issues.
dduron
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

Has anyone experienced issue with PDF viewer in ESS Portal when trying to display W2 via Chrome browser? Some users, not all, are experiencing the error below and not sure how to resolve. Tried reloading Chrome to the latest version and still having issues. Any suggestions?

PDF viewer error

BrookeG_ATX
Explorer
I was able to replicate this issue - changed Chrome setting(Site Setting>PDF Documents) for PDF's to open in Chrome and issue resolved.

dduron
Explorer
Thank you so much Brook!  It worked perfectly to resolve the issue!  Thank you for sharing!
psrinivas12
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Created High Priority OSS Incident 71690 / 2022 for the following issue.

Just curious why SAP has not delivered this as standard config.

Hi,
/Q01 is correctly included in Box 1 of W2.  (Tax Form Group 0001)
But /Q03 is not included in Box 3 and /Q05 is not in Box 5.
i.e. Tax Form Groups 0003 and 0005 do not account for corresponding /Qxx WTs.
This is leading to incorrect reporting in W2, W2C, W3 etc.

Every Employee who has a YTD /Q03 or /Q05 in TCRT is impacted.

We are thinking that SAP should deliver this as standard config.
Please review as we need this for 2021 W2 run.

Regards
Paddy
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Paddy,

My colleague took it over and is reviewing the scenario.

Kind regards,
Graziela
psrinivas12
Participant
Thank you Graziela.
My understand is that /Q03 and /Q05 were not tied to those boxes is because it is usually added into the /703 etc as these wage types self-adjust. (check the tax configuration) Whereas the withholding wage types do not self-adjust. They expect the employee to true up their withholding when they file their taxes.

Regards,

Kevin
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi community,

SAP note 3138872 – Tax Year is missing on W2 form for USERRA has been released to all customers.

Kind regards,
Graziela
Hello Everyone,

Hoping everybody is doing well. If you have experience with the issue below, please share it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Issue – Form CA DE9C is incorrect for Q4 2021.

Background – We have few employees who were moved from TAXCO-1 to TAXCO-2 effective 11/01/2021. Therefore, for the first month of the Q4, they were in TAXCO-1 and for the remaining 2 months of the quarter, they were in TAXCO-2. Payroll results in TCRT are generated accordingly and the numbers are all correct.

Impact – When we run the California State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) wage reporting for Q4 2021 for TAXCO-1, we are getting the TAXCO-2 numbers also.

Example:

CA Subject Wages in TAXCO-1 company = 100

CA Subject Wages in TAXCO-2 Company = 200

Expectation – When we run SUI report for TAXCO-1, we are expecting 100 in TAXCO-1 DE9C form and when we run SUI report for TAXCO-2, we are expecting 200 in the subject wages box.

Actual Results – We are seeing, the total, which is 300 in the TAXCO-1 DE9C form which is incorrect. TAXCO-2 is correct at 200 in the subject wages box.

Attempted Fix – We tried to do manual entries for these employees using utility tool, however, the deductions are not going lower than what was withheld in the first company. In our example, manual correction is -200 in TaxCo-1, however, we cannot go more than -100, because this is the amount that was subject wages in TaxCo-1.

Note - W2 was also impacted due to this issue, however, we are able to fix the W2 issues by using manual entries, however, we are not able to do so for SUI forms.

Related issues – This is impacting the other fields on DE9C, DE9, and DE3D. We are hoping the solution for above should also fix all these related issues.

Thanks,

Mushtaq.