Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member193652
Active Contributor

1.Objective

Maybe as a functional consultant you are in charge of authorization issue also. In this document I would keep my knowledge about creating authorization roles/profiles on master customizing client and transferring them it into another client on same server.

2. Assumptions

We are running two clients on each servers(D,Q and P). First client is for FI and Logistic and the second one is for HR. Imagine our master customizing client is 100 on server D for FI and Logistic and 700 on same server for HR.

3. The issue

For authorization issue of HR client I had to define authorization roles/profiles by PFCG on client 100. I am not sure why I could not define on client 700 and it was just announced by our BASIS consultant that I had to define on client 100. In this case I couldn't see defined authorization roles/profiles on client 700 to assign my test users to check if they work or not.

4. Solution

When you defined the authorization roles you need to make a request of them for transport.

Then you have to logon target client (in my case client 700) and run SCC1 to copy your transport request into. Select your source client(in my case client 100) and put the same request you have made above as transport request and run it immediately.

Now if you run PFCG you will find your authorization roles on target client and can assign them to test users.

hope this small document help you in similar case

Omid

1 Comment
Labels in this area