Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know there's been a lot of questions about creating a BO instance, so I thought I would provide you with an example from one of my projects. Some code is omitted to protect my Customer.

In this script I am checking if a Customer already exists matching my custom User BO. If not, I create an instance of the the Customer BO filled with elements from my custom BO. Anyway, I hope this helps.

// Get customers in User BO

query_customer = Customer.QueryByIdentification;

query_customer_selparam = query_customer.CreateSelectionParams();

query_customer_selparam.Add(query_customer.InternalID , "I", "EQ", this.UserID);

query_customer_result = query_customer.Execute(query_customer_selparam);

// If Customer does not exist, create Customer

if (query_customer_result.Count() == 0) {

var customerRoot : elementsof Customer;

customerRoot.CategoryCode = "2"; // or 1 or 3

customerRoot.InternalID = this.UserID;

CustomerBO = Customer.Create(customerRoot);

//Customer Indicator

CustomerBO.CurrentBusinessCharacters.CustomerIndicator = true;

CustomerBO.CurrentBusinessCharacters.ProspectIndicator = false;

//Organisation

CustomerBO.CurrentCommon.Organisation.Name.FirstLineName = this.UserName.content;                CustomerBO.CurrentCommon.Organisation.Name.SecondLineName = "";

CustomerBO.Activate();

}

Judson,

please post these things as blog post or document but not as a question. It's confusing.

Other than that: Keep on going, man!

I even have a use case for a simple add-on like this:
Create a custom BO for a supplier-request. Lots of companies - especially in the US - let their employees request new suppliers including all the necessary information such as 1099, minority-owned, women-owned, etc.

Add a simple approval workflow with the responsible buyer and there you go.

In addition you could add a website that your employees just send the new supplier a link to for them to fill out this information on their own.

Cheers, Christian

I don't know this use case from our german customers but I think it could be realized within one some few days...

Public website could be realized with SAP Netveawer Neo 🙂 ...a little bit to big for this use case but cool 🙂

Andreas

Yeah, my bad posting as a question. I wanted it to be a discussion. Thanks for the good ideas.

This document was generated from the following discussion: Creating/Saving a BO Instance - Sample ABSL

Labels in this area