cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow rules for sales unit in SAP Cloud for Customers

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues!

I have a question about workflow rules to determinate sales unit depending on the selected field on a sales order card.

For example, i have two sales units: "Sales unit 1" and "Sales unit 2", i need Sales unit 1 to be automatically selected if custom field "Payment type" equal to "Cash" and Sales unit 2 in any other case.

Workflow rules and Organizational Work Distribution did not help me.

I also tried to use Sales Order Party Rules in Administrator but when i try to save rule it requires to salect a role but list of available roles is empty (pic.1).

Is it possible to do somehow?

View Entire Topic
dominik_filip
Participant

Hi, Aleksandr,

Sadly, you can set worflow rule to update standard field "sales unit" only for opportunity (sales quotes and orders have really limited list of standard fields). So workaround right now is creating your own custom field for Sales Unit, because all custom fields for objects are available for update. Hopefully SAP will extend this list of standard fields in the future.

Theoretically, another workaround is creating custom field and „sales unit update“ workflow rule for opportunity instead of sales order - Sales unit will be inherited to follow-up documents like sales order (but it is a change of business logic).

Sales Order Party Rules in Administrator WoC is only available for custom party roles. That's the reason why you saw empty list of available roles.

For more information about "field update" workflow rules visit my blog: https://www.anodius.com/en/qa/update-sales-unit-custom-field-sales-documents-sap-c4c-workflow-rules/

Regards,
Dominik