Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today as a Comparison Option/Condition in SAP C4C Workflows

former_member236588
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are trying to create a workflow on the Ticket object. We have a Start Date field in our Ticket which is a Date Type field.

In the workflow conditions, we need to check if this field equals to Today's Date, then the workflow should be triggered.

However we do not have any option to select Today, we can only select a specific Date Value.

Is there anyway to achieve this from Workflow Rules and not involve any PDI code.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Nikhil

View Entire Topic
aris_hidalgo
Contributor

Hi,

I think what you can do is:

1. Create a custom field to hold the date

2. Create a workflow to update the field you created in step 1 based from the current date using Update Type = Calculated, Calculation Type = Current DateTime

3. Edit your existing workflow to compare the Start Date field against this custom field (in step 1).

One thing is the timing of the workflow triggering.

Regards,

Aris

former_member236588
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aristotle,

Can you elaborate a little more the Update Type = Calculated, Calculation Type = Current DateTime. I did not see this available as an option in the workflow (either in the conditions step or actions step).

Regards,

Nikhil

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Assuming you already have the custom field created (as per step 1), then in the workflow rule you are about to create, Select field Update, choose the KUT field you created as the field to be updated and Calculation Type is 'Current DateTime'.

I've chosen a standard field (Requested Date) for example purposes:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aris

motaz1991
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello Sir,

So what should i add to timing, on every save , on create only, Scheduled.