Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting User Accounts

former_member282286
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to do some clean up with old users that are no longer using the CC.  I need to delete 50 - 100 old user accounts.  My question is regarding Historical data.  When I delete a user account does it also delete the ability of the Historical Reporting to reference the account for looking at data from last week.... last month... last year.... etc.

I found this in the docs:

When user accounts are deleted, some information about those accounts is saved in the Configuration Database as these accounts still may appear in the past monitoring views.

This references monitoring and not historical.  The business will not want to destroy the integrity of the historical data, but we need to get rid of several user that are not longer on the system as well.

Thanks for you help!

Cheers

DV

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We follow this a general practice by deleting the users who are not using contact center application  from long time. example older than 3 month.

1. Deleting user wont delete the entries made in historical database. Reporting data will still be available for deleted users.

As the deletion you are performing delete the data from configuration database not from reporting database.

2, the table which keeps the record of deleted user are part of configuration data , so this also wont have any impact on historical data for those users.

Best Regards

Swatantra