cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration infrastructure to support both cloud and on premise systems

djboyd4715
Participant

As I examine what a migration/upgrade of our current commerce solution from ccv1 to ccv2 will look like, what is needed, the data flow etc, I have become somewhat confused, mostly self-inflicted I think based on all the reading I have done.

I hope that someone here can help remove the confusion.

Currently:
  • Datahub
  • on-premise ECC
  • CCV1
  • on-premise DAM
  • VPN Tunnel to Corporate LAN

Target

• BTP/Integration Suite
  • CCV2
  • On-premise ECC
  • On-premise DAM

From what I have gathered, for our target to work, we will need to have the cloud connector in place to provide the following flow:

To support Order Placement, Customer Replication, Quotes

• SAP Commerce Cloud -> BTP -> Cloud Connector ( Cloud to On-Premise ) -> ECC

To support Inbound data ( iDoc) : Product Master, Customer Master, Order Status

• ECC (iDoc) -> Cloud Connector ( On-premise ) -> BTP -> SAP Commerce Cloud

To support real-time calls ( RFC ) : Price Sync, Order Simulation, Product Availability

• SAP Commerce Cloud <-> ? <-> ECC ( RFC )

Question(s)

1. I assume that in order for SAP Commerce Cloud to make the RFC call, cloud connector will be required and configured with a RFC Destination? Or can RFC be exposed via HTTPS? Webservice?
  2. Can the cloud connector be used to allow sap commerce cloud to connect to our on-premise DAM? If so, any links or additional information in order to configure the cloud connector to allow this behavior? if not, what are the alternatives? VPN tunnel, like in the old system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

djboyd4715
Participant

I was able to self-answer my question(s) by doing some additional searching and setting up local instants.

Answer for Q1: Yes, SAP Cloud Connector would need to be in place to facilitate the Cloud to On-Premise call to ECC. Alternative is to use the SOA Manager and expose the bapi as a SOAP web service, this would prevent the need for the cloud connector

Answer for Q2: Yes the SAP Cloud Connector can be used to allow connection to any on-premise application that is running. Would just need to create a new Cloud to On-Premise entry with a target and then configure SAP BTP + Cloud Connector and then have SAP Commerce Cloud make the call.