cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a simple member activity just for posting pre-calculated points for a member ?

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

i just need to provide already calculated points to a member, manually (i mean without using LSMW). do i have to activate a reward rule or is there an other way ?

i tried to create a simple rule but don't get the expected result .. see screenshot

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VineetRai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry ,

All points to be given to a member have to come through a member activity processing .

> Create a Reward Rule Group and Reward Rule under your Loyalty Program.

>The reward rule statement should be like :

If Member Activity .Type  = "Points"

Then

Earn Points

Type = Member Activity.Type

Points = Member Activity.Points.

( click on the button variable to choose the attributes needed ) .

> Release the rule .

> Run report RLOY_ENGINE_CACHE_REFRESH

> Create a Member Activity of type "Points".

> In the Member Activity ,enter the details of the Point Type , Points and Qualification type .

> Process the Member Activity

> Check the assignment block "Processing Logs" in the Member Activity page to analyze the step by step execution of the Member Activity .

Regards,

Vineet

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vineet.

is there a way to get the points quantity from the member activity instead of the rule ? i got 150 points from the rule but would like to get the qty from the activity.

Regards

VineetRai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

In order to award the points that have been specified in the member activity , you have to setup a rule as shown in the snapshot . When you click on the link "Formula" next to the Actual Points field , you will get a pop-up with a list of available fields and a grid of operators . You have to choose the attribute Member Activity Specific Attribute -> Loyalty Points . You can also specify a multiplier or addition to the value like  "Loyalty Point * 5 " , "Loyalty Points + 50 " .

Remember to choose the point type also from the member activity details by clicking on variable link next to the point type field.

Regards,

Vineet

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet

i think i got your point but i get an error message when i select "Loyalty Points" in the "actual points" field of the rule action (cf screenshot).i tried other options as "Loyalty Points+1" or"Loyalty Points*1" with the same result.  Do you have any idea about the reason ? The others settings are fine ..

Thanks for your feedback

Regards

Thierry

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

ok : the answer is oss 1773466.

i had to apply this note to get rid of my error.

Thanks Vineet for your help 🙂

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

You have to create a membership activity?.

Thanks,

Faisal

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

my buz need is to provide "manually" points to a member. It's a back office task.